Plugin not loaded by CodeLite 11.0.0

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
rodney
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Plugin not loaded by CodeLite 11.0.0

Post by rodney »

I'm running a self compiled CodeLite 11.0.0 on Ubuntu 17.04. I've tried installing wxCrafter 2.8 through apt-get and from the .deb binary but even though they install successfully, neither show up as a plugin in CodeLite. I also tried installing the binary of wxCrafter 2.7 but I had the same issue. I even tried deleting the ~/.codelite directory to go through the configuration process again, but it didn't help.

However, I am able to run the standalone version wxCrafter (2.7).

Any advice?

CodeLite: 11.0.0
GCC: 6.3.0
** This is running on VirtualBox, in case it matters. **
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Plugin not loaded by CodeLite 11.0.0

Post by eranif »

You should get more meaningful error under ~/.codelite/codelite.log and ~/.codelite/codelite-stdout-stderr.log
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,
I'm running a self compiled CodeLite 11.0.0
Which wxWidgets version did you use? I purposely built the zesty wxCrafter deb against the zesty wx3.0.2 so that it should also work with an official zesty CodeLite 11 package, should one be produced.

I suspect you built against wx3.1.0. If so:
  • 1) That's why the repo's zesty wxCrafter won't load.
    2) I've not tested it, but there's a fair chance that you'll succeed with the xenial wxCrafter.
Regards,

David
rrossmair
CodeLite Curious

Post by rrossmair »

rodney wrote:I'm running a self compiled CodeLite 11.0.0 on Ubuntu 17.04. I've tried installing wxCrafter 2.8 through apt-get and from the .deb binary but even though they install successfully, neither show up as a plugin in CodeLite. I also tried installing the binary of wxCrafter 2.7 but I had the same issue. I even tried deleting the ~/.codelite directory to go through the configuration process again, but it didn't help.
Same problem here (16.04.3 LTS, no virtual box).

According to codelite.log, wxCrafter.so can't be loaded:
[22:00:40:266 ERR] Failed to load plugin's dll: /usr/lib/codelite/wxCrafter.so
[22:00:40:266 ERR] libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_richtext-3.1.so.0: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Apparently wxCrafter.so can't find some of its dependencies (which *do* exist in /usr/lib/codelite):
robert@alioth:~$ ldd /usr/lib/codelite/wxCrafter.so
linux-vdso.so.1 => (0x00007ffeb9da2000)
libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_aui-3.1.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_propgrid-3.1.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_stc-3.1.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_richtext-3.1.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_ribbon-3.1.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_xrc-3.1.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_html-3.1.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_qa-3.1.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_adv-3.1.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_core-3.1.so.0 => not found
libwx_baseu_unofficial_xml-3.1.so.0 => not found
libwx_baseu_unofficial_net-3.1.so.0 => not found
libwx_baseu_unofficial-3.1.so.0 => not found
because they are not on its library path:
robert@alioth:~$ readelf -a /usr/lib/codelite/wxCrafter.so | grep PATH
0x000000000000001d (RUNPATH) Bibliothek runpath: [/home/david/devel/Packages/CL/11.0/codelite-11.0/build_wxC/lib::/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/codelite]
For comparison:
robert@alioth:~$ readelf -a /usr/lib/codelite/wxFormBuilder.so | grep PATH
0x000000000000000f (RPATH) Bibliothek rpath: [/usr/lib/codelite]
I fixed this by creating a file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/codelite.conf, containing a single line

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/codelite
and calling 'sudo ldconfig' afterwards.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

@rrossmair
Same problem here (16.04.3 LTS, no virtual box
The xenial wxCrafter.so was built to link against the CodeLite package, which contains its own wx3.1 libs (so that every user doesn't have to install the unofficial wx3.1.0 package). When you self-compiled, you probably didn't pass cmake the -DCOPY_WX_LIBS=1 option, so your /usr/lib/codelite/ won't contain those wx libs.
However I'm a little surprised that the linker didn't find your installed ones; testing today, it seems to for me...
rrossmair
CodeLite Curious

Post by rrossmair »

The xenial wxCrafter.so was built to link against the CodeLite package, which contains its own wx3.1 libs (so that every user doesn't have to install the unofficial wx3.1.0 package). When you self-compiled, you probably didn't pass cmake the -DCOPY_WX_LIBS=1 option, so your /usr/lib/codelite/ won't contain those wx libs.
You mean /usr/lib/codelite/libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_aui-3.1.so.0.0.0 etc.? These exist! They just weren' on the library path.
My codelite is also not self-compiled, it's package 11.0-1.unofficial.xenial (from repos.codelite.org).
rodney
CodeLite Curious

Post by rodney »

DavidGH wrote:Hi,
I'm running a self compiled CodeLite 11.0.0
Which wxWidgets version did you use? I purposely built the zesty wxCrafter deb against the zesty wx3.0.2 so that it should also work with an official zesty CodeLite 11 package, should one be produced.

I suspect you built against wx3.1.0. If so:
  • 1) That's why the repo's zesty wxCrafter won't load.
    2) I've not tested it, but there's a fair chance that you'll succeed with the xenial wxCrafter.
Regards,

David
You are correct. I built it against wx3.1.0. I'll try that, thanks!
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

rrossmair wrote:
You mean /usr/lib/codelite/libwx_gtk2u_unofficial_aui-3.1.so.0.0.0 etc.? These exist! They just weren' on the library path.
My codelite is also not self-compiled, it's package 11.0-1.unofficial.xenial (from repos.codelite.org).
Ah, I'd (mis)understood you to mean that yours was self-compiled too.

I don't know why you had that failure, then. It works for me here: I tried temporarily removing one of the wx libs from /usr/libs/x86_64-linux-gnu/, and it linked happily to the /usr/lib/codelite/ one :/
rodney
CodeLite Curious

Post by rodney »

I replaced my wxCrafter.so with the xenial version but no luck. I still don't see the plugin within CodeLite. There's nothing in codelite.log but I'm seeing the following in /codelite-stdout-stderr.log:

Code: Select all

(codelite:5749): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:5749): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:8074): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:8074): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:8190): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:8190): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:8613): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:8613): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:2111): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:2111): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:2349): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:2349): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:2649): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:2649): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:2853): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:2853): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed
1507820663756	addons.xpi	WARN	Add-on sbv4-gradual-rollout@mozilla.com is missing bootstrap method install

###!!! [Child][MessageChannel] Error: (msgtype=0x150001,name=PBrowser::Msg_AsyncMessage) Closed channel: cannot send/recv

###!!! [Parent][MessageChannel] Error: (msgtype=0x150078,name=PBrowser::Msg_Destroy) Closed channel: cannot send/recv

(codelite:3219): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:3219): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:5143): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:5143): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:5567): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(codelite:5567): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed
I think I'm just going to go with the nuclear option and uninstall CodeLite and reinstall it from the unofficial packages.

* Edit: That worked. Much easier. :D