No cppcheck or memcheck tab.

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
Espyo
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

No cppcheck or memcheck tab.

Post by Espyo »

Ever since I upgraded to 9.2.0, cppcheck hasn't been working properly. If I scan any project, either from the Plugins context menu on the Workspace View, or from the Plugins menu on the main menu, cppcheck is run, and Codelite does automatically highlight the first problem found. But that's all I can do with it, since the cppcheck tab on the Output Pane is missing, meaning I can't get any information on the problems or browse other results. The same happens with memcheck.

I've read on the changelog for 9.2.0 that the "CppCheck plugin does not work out of the box", but I can't figure out if that means that a bug with that title has been fixed, or if 9.2.0 made it impossible for cppcheck to run properly. Maybe that should've been made clearer. In addition, I don't find anything about memcheck having problems. If 9.2.0 was released without cppcheck working, why is that? But more importantly, what can I do to get it running normally again?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: No cppcheck or memcheck tab.

Post by eranif »

There is a 3 dots button on the output view caption. click it and re-select the memcheck tab (or any other missing tab)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Espyo
CodeLite Curious

Re: No cppcheck or memcheck tab.

Post by Espyo »

I knew there had to be a simple solution. Thank you. Maybe, as a suggestion for future versions, make it so the cppcheck and memcheck tabs automatically open after a check? In addition, I think it would be a good idea to have a similar menu to the one on the three dots somewhere on the main menu, like under View. Several IDEs work like that, and users are used to that. Thanks again.