rational tab behavior

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
petah
CodeLite Expert
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

rational tab behavior

Post by petah »

I've been trying to revert CL's tab behavior (under Gtk2) to the rational way it used to behave a few months back, that is:

- close button on all tabs (patch works)
- closing a tab works with one mouse click whether the tab had focus (was frontmost) or not, without having to first click on the window so it gets the focus (doesn't work)
- opening more tabs than space permits pushes leftmost tabs out of view (works)
- after closing tabs, previously-pushed out tabs re-appear (doesn't work)

how can I accomplish this?

thx,

-- p
main: Debian Jessie x64 + custom wxTrunk
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: rational tab behavior

Post by eranif »

Using the latest git master, you will need to modify Notebook.cpp, to be more precise, class clTabCtrl

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
petah
CodeLite Expert

Post by petah »

eranif wrote:Using the latest git master, you will need to modify Notebook.cpp, to be more precise, class clTabCtrl

Eran
ok I managed to restore a "sane" behavior, thx. IMHO I can't imagine why one would want windows with no close button, nevermind slanted, much like in real life :D

While I'm at it, about CL trunk/OSX:
- build option "pass object list to the linker via file" doesn't work with static libs; the filename doesn't get expanded/unquoted in the make file
- syntax coloring with monospace fonts shows everything greyed-out, like within an #if 0 / #endif block
- the code navigation key pref can't be set to none or both CTRL & ALT, which under LLDB flickers on mouseovers

cheers,

-- p
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

petah wrote: IMHO I can't imagine why one would want windows with no close button
To save some screen space, the window can still be closed by using the mouse middle button, or by using the context menu, or Ctrl-W
petah wrote: the code navigation key pref can't be set to none or both CTRL & ALT, which under LLDB flickers on mouseovers
Can you elaborate on this one?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
petah
CodeLite Expert

Post by petah »

eranif wrote:
petah wrote: IMHO I can't imagine why one would want windows with no close button
To save some screen space, the window can still be closed by using the mouse middle button, or by using the context menu, or Ctrl-W
petah wrote: the code navigation key pref can't be set to none or both CTRL & ALT, which under LLDB flickers on mouseovers
Can you elaborate on this one?
The code navigation key pref can't be disabled or use 2 modifiers so it doesn't trigger so often. Wx has only two real modifiers on Mac. When selecting text during debugging, variable tooltips and hyperlink mode can happen in any order. Say you want to copy a functions name but code navigation got enabled just before double-clicking a variable to select it, it'll jump to another location. Sometimes the tooltip gets in the way or either just flickers on/off while mousing over, all of which is distracting. I like a predicatble IDE which is why I suggested reducing unnessary code completion popups. Guess what I think of Xcode ;).

thx,

-- p