CodeLite 7.1 weekly build (March 18, 2015)

This forum is for the weekly builds only.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

CodeLite 7.1 weekly build (March 18, 2015)

Post by eranif »

Hi all,

CodeLite 7.1 weekly build is available for download from the usual Download Page, CodeLite 7.1 Release notes CodeLite 7.1 highlights

This build includes:
  • CodeLite for Windows 64 bit - Recommended if you are running Windows 64 bit
  • OSX bundle
Note that we no longer provide MinGW installer bundled with CodeLite. However, on startup if CodeLite detects that there is no MinGW compiler installed on your machine, it will prompt the user to download an installer (TDM TCC, either 64 or 32 bit)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
ColinTaylor
CodeLite Expert

Re: CodeLite 7.1 weekly build (March 18, 2015)

Post by ColinTaylor »

Windows 8.1 (64 bit) / Codelite 7.1

[1] Installation of "codelite-amd64-7.1.exe" dated 18th March

I installed Codelite 7.1 on top of an existing 7.1 beta installation.

During the install, the installer asked the question
Would you like to keep your local settings?
to which I answered
Yes
The installation ran to completion with no reported errors.

[2] Codelite

The first time I ran Codelite after the installation, a wizard appeared and at step 4, it set the theme to (I think) Monokai_2 and changed the default font.
This seems odd and confusing, given that I'd earlier asked to retain my local settings, only for the wizard to promptly change some or all of these local settings!

Am I missing something here? as I find this behaviour very confusing and somewhat irritating since my local settings have now been overwritten.

Cheers, Colin
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

The question during installation is because you upgraded your codelite. The installer first uninstall previous codelite and then install the new one, during the uninstall process, it will prompt whether you want to keep the user settings
ColinTaylor wrote:The first time I ran Codelite after the installation, a wizard appeared and at step 4, it set the theme to (I think) Monokai_2 and changed the default font.
This seems odd and confusing, given that I'd earlier asked to retain my local settings, only for the wizard to promptly change some or all of these local settings!
The local settings are much more than just the theme colour (it contains the various dialogs sizes and position, layout of toolbars, various options checked in the "Global Editor Preferences" dialog , compiler settings and much much more)
The theme is just one thing, you could have simply click "Cancel" in the wizard ...
ColinTaylor wrote:Am I missing something here? as I find this behaviour very confusing and somewhat irritating since my local settings have now been overwritten
Only the theme settings were changed, nothing else

Eran
ColinTaylor
CodeLite Expert

Post by ColinTaylor »

I suppose I'm saying I'd expect the wizard not to appear at all if I've requested to retain my local settings.

In terms of wizard behaviour, if I cancel the wizard half way through, I'd expect the wizard to run again the next time I ran Codelite, it sounds like you're saying that's not the case?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

ColinTaylor wrote:it sounds like you're saying that's not the case?
It won't. But I plan on adding a way to re-run it from the menu (Settings->Run Setup Wizard or something similar)
The idea behind the wizard was to make it easy for new comers to setup codelite for the first time (including installing compiler etc)

Eran
ColinTaylor
CodeLite Expert

Post by ColinTaylor »

I think the idea behind the wizard is a very good one; but as you say, its aimed at newcomers. Therefore, people who are upgrading (and can be assumed not to be newcomers?) shouldn't get the wizard after the upgrade.

Cheers, Colin
ColinTaylor
CodeLite Expert

Post by ColinTaylor »

I think the idea behind the wizard is a very good one; but as you say, its aimed at newcomers. Therefore, people who are upgrading (and can be assumed not to be newcomers?) shouldn't get the wizard after the upgrade.

Cheers, Colin