New Color Schemes ?

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
coderneedsfood
CodeLite Curious

New Color Schemes ?

Post by coderneedsfood »

I've edited my color scheme to match my prefered colors and fonts etc .. i want to share this across multiple machines and OS's
can i just copy the xml from the theme folder to my other devices ?
can i have OSX recognise an external theme ?

- coder
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: New Color Schemes ?

Post by eranif »

Hi,

Here how the color schemes works:

Under ~/.codelite/lexers (OSX & Linux) or C:\Program Files\CodeLite\lexers\ (Windows) there are by default 2 directories, "Default" & "BlackTheme", to create your own new scheme (that will appear in the combo selection under menu: Settings -> Editor -> Syntax Highlight), copy one of the directories and rename it to be "MySchemeName" (or whatever...)

Now, restart CodeLite and open the 'Settings -> Editor -> Syntax Hightlight' and select your colour scheme - edit it to suite your needs.

At this point, close CodeLite again, and go to lexers/MySchemeName directory, inside you will notice 2 types of files: *.xml & *.<user_name>_xml. When modifying schemes, CodeLite does not override the original settings, but it rather create a copy and use them instead - this is by design, so upgrades will not break user modified schemes.

Unless the users on other machines have the exact same name as your user name, you won't be able to use the new scheme. The solution is however very simple:
- delete all *.xml
- rename all *<user_name>_xml to be *.xml

to share this setting, simply copy the directory to the other machines.

Hope it was clear enough.
let me know if it worked or if you need further assistance.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread