CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Auto complete not "auto"

Post by myk45 »

Hi again!

I am now trying to build from sources. I get the following error:

cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-std=c++11’
make[2]: *** [LLDBDebugger/LLDBProtocol/CMakeFiles/LLDBProtocol.dir/LLDBPivot.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [LLDBDebugger/LLDBProtocol/CMakeFiles/LLDBProtocol.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I did install g++ 4.8. So, this does support C++11. Not sure why I'm getting this error. Any clue Eran?
Thanks!
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

If you don't particularly need lldb, one easy answer is to pass to cmake the option:
-DENABLE_LLDB=0
myk45
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by myk45 »

Thanks! That got fixed. I'm getting new errors:

/Desktop/codelite-6.1/codelite/build-release/lib/libwxsqlite3.so: error: undefined reference to 'dlerror'
/Desktop/codelite-6.1/codelite/build-release/lib/libwxsqlite3.so: error: undefined reference to 'dlclose'
/Desktop/codelite-6.1/codelite/build-release/lib/libwxsqlite3.so: error: undefined reference to 'dlopen'
/Desktop/codelite-6.1/codelite/build-release/lib/libwxsqlite3.so: error: undefined reference to 'dlsym'

Not sure why I'm facing so many though.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

According to google, this is (yet another) problem due to link order. I'm not sure why you're getting it, when 6.1 builds without a problem in later ubuntu versions.

Downgrading to the previous gcc version will probably fix it. Otherwise it means adding '-Wl,--no-as-needed' to your linker options. I don't know if there's a 'correct' cmake way to do that; otherwise it means hacking it into each makefile (or each affected makefile) before you run 'make'.
myk45
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by myk45 »

Thanks for the reply David. I'm not sure which files i would need to hack and change LDflags. Are the binaries for Linux distros stored anywhere?
Or else, is there any other way i can hack this and make it work? I've reverted to 2.8 now. :(
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Are the binaries for Linux distros stored anywhere?
Yes. As I said upthread, see http://codelite.org/LiteEditor/Repositories54.