Problems

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
theatron
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Problems

Post by theatron »

Sometimes when i try to compile my NEW code, it compiles my old code and my resolution was to make a new workspace, so whats up with that? How am i supposed to fix it without making a new workspace.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Problems

Post by eranif »

I am not sure I follow. Can you please give an exact example / steps for how to reproduce this?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
theatron
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by theatron »

When i try to compile the project from the workspace it used to give me my old result. So i just made a new workspace and project and that worked.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

theatron wrote:used to give me my old result.
I am not sure what does "old results" means here...

Please see this post about how to post proper questions on codelite's website:

http://forums.codelite.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=804

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
theatron
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by theatron »

Ok so i have Windows 7 and codelite 5.3, heres an example of my problem: if i had a "Hello world" program and i changed the code after i compiled it, codelite would give me the old compiled code which is "Hello world" and not the new code regardless.
petah
CodeLite Expert
IDE Question: c++

Post by petah »

If your updated project isn't reflected at runtime you very likely made a mistake somewhere. So...

look at the last modified time of your binary to make sure it's actually getting updated. If not, delete it before a build. If it is getting updated, make sure your project prefs' output file and program to run/debug actually point to the same file, including working directory. Log the 1st argv from within your program or check the Windows processes to confirm you're running the right binary.

Delete any temporary files/directories, which are probably invisible by default, make sure none are read-only.

go into Settings > Global editor preferences > Dialogs and enable Always Build before debugging

go to Settings > Build Settings > Build Output Appearance and disable Automatically hide the build pane when there are neither errors nor warnings in case there's an undetected error (in my case usually linker-related) and the build pane gets closed before you get to see the error.

Read the posting rules, in particular, don't use generic post titles like "Problems" or "I am angry" which is pretty much interpreted as 'I got a free product which doesn't work how I expected and demand immediate attention for free tech support / hand-holding even though the problem is most likely with me, not the product' :)

cheers,

ps: another tic-tac-toe win across the three main forums for me!

-- p
main: Debian Jessie x64 + custom wxTrunk