Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
kira.backes
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Contribution / Active Participation

Post by kira.backes »

Hello,

I’m really interested in having a nice IDE for Linux available and currently I think the best option is QtCreator, but it’s just too tightly coupled to Qt to be really free. Of course CodeLite is also in a certain way coupled to wxWidgets but not in this forced way to get more customers for wxWidgets ;-)

So first I was thinking about forking an own project but then I found this IDE, which already has the option to use clang for its code completion, this is like a killer feature. So I don’t think forking is necessary. But still this IDE could be improved in a lot of ways, so I want to ask, how is it possible to contribute? Currently it looks like a one-man project (which are often very good projects) and I don’t see a good way to contribute. Is it possible?

I mean proper and committed contribution, talk and decide on features, invest a lot of time, do code reviews and so on.

rgds, Kira Backes
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Contribution / Active Participation

Post by eranif »

kira.backes wrote: Currently it looks like a one-man project
if you will look closely on the commit logs / packages you will see 2 men ;) (DavidGH and myself)
kira.backes wrote:how is it possible to contribute?
This is simple: start with fixing bugs areas that you think should be improved - submit a patch and if all is OK - I will probably apply it

The best way to submit patches is on this forum - just start a topic and attach your patch with a short description of what it does

Commit rights are given in time and after few (or more) patches
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread