Missing option on the wxNewProjectDialog

Post here any ideas/problems/suggestions you have regarding CodeLite's Gizmos plugin
guenni81
CodeLite Enthusiast

Missing option on the wxNewProjectDialog

Post by guenni81 »

Hello,
i missing the option to create the project in a separate directory on the wxNewProjectDialog.
This is at all the other create project dialogs available.
For this reason, i have implement this at my local svn checkout. Here is the patch to adding this.
It would be nice if you could implement this in the main version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Missing option on the wxNewProjectDialog

Post by eranif »

I will have a look at it tomorrow and if it is OK I will probably will commit it
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
guenni81
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by guenni81 »

OK, i hope is it ok. Thanx...
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Committed.

Btw, did u update the UI using form builder? if so, please send me the update form builder form

Eran
guenni81
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by guenni81 »

eranif wrote:Committed.
Thanx!
eranif wrote:Btw, did u update the UI using form builder? if so, please send me the update form builder form
No, i have dont use formbuilder to update the UI. I have adding direct the code for UI in the .h and .cpp file.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

guenni81 wrote:No, i have dont use formbuilder to update the UI. I have adding direct the code for UI in the .h and .cpp file.
This is not good, since it is hard to change the UI this way. Using the form builder files (trunk/formbuilder/) is the best way to do it for easy UI layout changes additions, I will update the fbp file.

In the future I will probably insist that the patch will include the fbp file modified as well - it is easier for my maintainance.

Eran
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

eranif wrote:
guenni81 wrote:No, i have dont use formbuilder to update the UI. I have adding direct the code for UI in the .h and .cpp file.
This is not good, since it is hard to change the UI this way. Using the form builder files (trunk/formbuilder/) is the best way to do it for easy UI layout changes additions, I will update the fbp file.

In the future I will probably insist that the patch will include the fbp file modified as well - it is easier for my maintainance.

Eran
I updated the .fbp file (NewWxProjectBase.fbp file) and it is now committed to SVN.

Also here is a small inside info: files which has "base" in their name are usually files which are auto generated by wxFB, so changes made to them manually, will probably get lost next time I will generate the them

Eran
guenni81
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by guenni81 »

OK, i will it to consider at the future.