Custom Settings Issues

Post here any ideas/problems/suggestions you have regarding CodeLite's CodeFormatter (AStyle) plugin
pirlite2
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Custom Settings Issues

Post by pirlite2 »

I have tried adding my custom settings for the code formatter in the custom user settings edit, box but they disappear! It is thus not possible to edit them! (If I recall, this did not happen with earlier versions and editing of the visible Astyle options was possible.) Although the setting seem to be applied as a reformatting of the code produces the desired layout. This is surely an undesirable feature.

(By trial-and-error, I presume the format is the Astyle option minus the hyphens,as in "style=whitesmith" although it would be nice to have this documented somewhere...)

Second issue, periodically my user settings 'disappear' and formatting goes back to the default. Not quite able to identify what triggers this - certainly a shutdown did it because the settings vanished overnight. But I also had this happen 'spontaneously'. Whereabouts should user options be stored?

Version 6.1 from repo on Mint Qiana (~Ubuntu Trusty)

P.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Custom Settings Issues

Post by eranif »

pirlite2 wrote:I have tried adding my custom settings for the code formatter in the custom user settings edit, box but they disappear! It is thus not possible to edit them! (If I recall, this did not happen with earlier versions and editing of the visible Astyle options was possible.) Although the setting seem to be applied as a reformatting of the code produces the desired layout. This is surely an undesirable feature.
Confirmed. The settings are saved, but they are not loaded into the dialog... can you please open a bug please?
pirlite2 wrote:Second issue, periodically my user settings 'disappear' and formatting goes back to the default. Not quite able to identify what triggers this - certainly a shutdown did it because the settings vanished overnight
The settings are stored in the file %appdata%\codelite\config\codelite.xml

Look for the XML element: FormatterOptions
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread