Need help on setting up svn-project

Post here any ideas/problems/suggestions you have regarding CodeLite's Subversion (SVN) plugin
Salo
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Need help on setting up svn-project

Post by Salo »

Hey!
I´m using CodeLite v2.0.3365 on MacOSX.
I just don´t get how to set up a project so that the folders of my svn project are shown in the workspace view.
I succesfully checked out the folder structure from my svn and created a project inside this repository. But all that is shown is a "src" folder with a file named main.cpp in it. What i want to in contrast is the folder structure from my svn. Could somebody help me?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Need help on setting up svn-project

Post by eranif »

If I understand you correctly, you checkedout the sources from the SVN to your local disk - this is not enough.
You also need to create a project (which you did, and from your description, you create a console application with main.cpp file.
The best way now is this:
right click on your project, and select 'import files from directory' and select the directory where your files are located.
Once this is done, you will have your sources in the workspace view.

Please search the site to learn more about workspace / project

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Salo
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Post by Salo »

Ok i tried to use "Import Files from Directory" but when i do this just nothing happens. I changed the root-directory to my local repository and said "Ok" but the only thing that happens is that a window pops up with a text like this "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" and closes immediadetly. No files are imported.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

I will need to test it on MacOSX, but you need to check the directories and make sure that the files has the proper extensions as set in the import dialog
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread