CodeLite don't work on USB

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
rbon
CodeLite Curious

CodeLite don't work on USB

Post by rbon »

I have installed on hard disk the Windows version of CodeLite (C:\Programs\CodeLite), then I have copied the 'CodeLite' folder on my USB key and I
have uninstall CodeLite from hard disk.
In USB I have launch codelite.exe but this (great) program won't work: a message say (words are't exact) 'I can run this application because I can't find the program 'mingwm10.dll''. Why? Where is stored the installation path? Can CodeLite run as portable apps?
Thank You
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: CodeLite don't work on USB

Post by eranif »

When you install CodeLite, CodeLite adds dlls (among them mingw10.dll and others) to C:\Program Files\CodeLite\bin

Once you moved Codelite to USB and erased the directory CodeLite can not find the mingw10.dll since it is no longer in the path ($PATH is also updated with C:\Program Files\CodeLite\bin).
Copying the dll to the same path as the CodeLite.exe will help just a bit, since you will fail when running other tools (such as the rm, which and other tools which are provided by CodeLite and are being used by it).

The short answer: No, CodeLite can not run as portable application, this will be changed in the next release.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: CodeLite don't work on USB

Post by eranif »

I updated the installer in SVN and also did some modifications so Codelite has no longer dependencies on its path - so it is now portable.

This will be part of the new release (during this weekend).

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread