Broken code refactoring

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
marfi
CodeLite Expert

Broken code refactoring

Post by marfi »

Hi, It seems a code refactoring (symbols' renaming) is broken (at least) in SVN 2823. During renaming of code symbols wrong text parts are replaced with new text as can be seen from an attached screenshot. Observed on Ubuntu 9.04, CL SVN 2823.

Regards
Michal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Broken code refactoring

Post by eranif »

The code refactoring is not broken, the find and replace *is*

Your code probably contains some non-ascii characters which breaks the find and selection - try to avoid them in your code.
This is an old and known issue with the code refactoring.

Also, I suspect that if you'd use the 'find in files' you will see the same problem.

EDIT: Btw, it would be great if you could provide me a sample workspace/project/file for reproduction
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
marfi
CodeLite Expert

Post by marfi »

I tried to use "Find in files" dialog and everything forks fine there. You can see my workspace/project files in an attachment and a full source code (including premake and bakefiles build scripts) of the project can be obtained from here: https://wxsf.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wxsf/trunk

Thank you for the effort!

Regards
Michal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

marfi wrote:I tried to use "Find in files" dialog and everything forks fine there.
Thats a good news, since it means I have something to compare with.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread