Repository and Install Linux Mint 20.2

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
Brian245a
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Repository and Install Linux Mint 20.2

Post by Brian245a »

When I recently tried to install CodeLite under Linux Mint 20.2 (64 bit, only, I believe) I received a skipped repository message that mentioning the i386 architecture is unsupported.
My installation appears to be correct and 'uname -m' returns 'x86_64'.
Adding '[arch=amd64]' to the command giving in the installation instructions appears to fix the problem, add the repo, and allow installation:

sudo apt-add-repository 'deb [arch=amd64] https://repos.codelite.org/ubuntu/ focal universe'.

My concern is that the install instructions don't mention having to add '[arch=amd64]'.

Am I missing something? Is my installation valid?

Thank you for your help - I tried to find other posts related to this issue before posting.

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Repository and Install Linux Mint 20.2

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

I presume the message is:

N: Skipping acquisition of configured file 'universe/binary-i386/Packages', as repository 'https://repos.codelite.org/ubuntu focal InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386'

I get that too, and worried the first time I saw it. It's because the repo still contains i386 packages for previous CodeLite versions, so it has to declare that architecture.
However I think you'll find that it's a warning message, not a 'something went wrong, so the whole repo will be ignored' one. I just checked in mint 20.2, and got the message; however the repo still updated and I was able to (re)install CodeLite successfully.

Regards,

David

Brian245a
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Repository and Install Linux Mint 20.2

Post by Brian245a »

David - Many thanks for your help! Greatly Appreciated!