CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
DiscoFighter
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Debugger not working

Post by DiscoFighter »

DavidGH wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:56 pm
I seriously don't understand what to do now.
Nor do I. All I can think of is for you to attach here a zip of your Project. I'll proof-read it, and try to test it; but as I'm using Linux...
It's alright, thank you for the support. I really appreciate it.
I guess I'll have to try other IDEs.
DiscoFighter
CodeLite Curious

Post by DiscoFighter »

gh_origin1 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:52 pm I found this IDE: https://gitlab.com/cppit/jucipp
Simple but works.
Thanks! I appreciate it.
Toonie
CodeLite Curious

Post by Toonie »

Hi,

I thought I'd chime in late as I've only just come across this thread (I have just signed up), in case this helps someone else out...

I have CodeLite 16 installed on Windows 10 along with minGW-W64, and I came across the very same issue. Even though running gdb from a command window works, Codelite finds the compiler and winres.exe just fine but will not find gdb, even though it resides in the same directory!

In the end I wondered if the space in the path I had might be causing the issue. So, because I knew that the \bin directory was already set-up in my path environment variable, I changed the setting in Build Settings for gdb to "gdb.exe" (not including the full path, which has a space in it). This caused it to work just fine.

Given that Codelite can find all of the other parts of the toolchain just fine from the very same location but NOT gdb.exe, I think that this is likely to be caused by a bug in Codelite (probably only affecting Windows builds). However the above workaround works well for me :-)

Regards,
Toon.