Can't Change Terminal

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
alperde
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Can't Change Terminal

Post by alperde »

Hi everyone, I'm using openSuse Tubmleweed I want to use Gnome terminal but in terminal settings menu the checkbox is unclickable. What should I do?
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Can't Change Terminal

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

Some more information would help. Which CodeLite version are you using? Where from? did Tumbleweed provide it, or is it a self-build, or...

And the obvious question that I'm sure you've already asked yourself: is gnome-terminal installed? If so, to which filepath?

Edit: Oh, and which terminal is currently selected? Which others are listed, and what happens if you change to one of those?

Regards,

David
alperde
CodeLite Curious

Post by alperde »

DavidGH wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:17 pm Hi,

Some more information would help. Which CodeLite version are you using? Where from? did Tumbleweed provide it, or is it a self-build, or...

And the obvious question that I'm sure you've already asked yourself: is gnome-terminal installed? If so, to which filepath?

Regards,

David
I'm using 12.0.0 and yes I downloaded from opensuse software center It is official release. And of course gnome-terminal is installed. I accedently clicked the checkbox and now it's unclickable.

As you can see:
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Ah, that was a bug in CodeLite 12 and earlier, that's now been fixed.

You have 2 choices:
1) Upgrade to the current 14.0: we supply a 15.1 package that might work on tumbleweed... If it doesn't the srpm will help you self-build, or of course you can build from source.

2) Temporarily renaming your ~/.codelite. That will fix your problem, and you can then copy the settings important to you from the old to the new .codelite.
alperde
CodeLite Curious

Post by alperde »

Thank you so much, updating worked.