CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
dcbdbis
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

[SOLVED] CodeBlocks->CodeLite

Post by dcbdbis »

Good Afternoon All,

I am a retired developer, and one of my previous customers(ACI dba GTS Electric) wants me to develop another app. CodeBlocks was my RAD of choice, but seems to have grown stagnant, and it's quirky (17.12).

x64 Linux (Debian) being the development platform, and also the target OS of the new app.

For some reason my browsers (Brave and Firefox) don't display the comparison of the wxCrafter properly. The headers of which column is free, and which column is for the registered version are missing.

Before I ask my client to pay for the wxCrafter registered version, I need to be able to test it out and justify the cost to them.

So I have this question: Can I download CodeLite, add it to a VM, and be able to test wxCrafter in it with all features enabled? Or do they need to pay for it first before I can fully demo it and present the proposal to them?

Please advise,

Thank you!

Dave
Last edited by dcbdbis on Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: CodeBlocks->CodeLite

Post by eranif »

Hi Dave,

wxCrafter license was changed to open source (GPLv2) and is included without any fee/adwares etc in CodeLite.
You don't need to pay anything, all features are enabled
When you download CodeLite, you automatically get wxCrafter. Make sure you install from OUR repositories to get the latest.

https://wiki.codelite.org/pmwiki.php/Ma ... ories#toc1

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
dcbdbis
CodeLite Curious

Re: [SOLVED] CodeBlocks->CodeLite

Post by dcbdbis »

@Eran,

Thank you for the reply. The client (ACI) will still contribute $100 once I give them the go-ahead. I just need to be able to demo it to them to justify it.

THANK YOU for the reply.

Dave