GIT authentication Codelite 10.0 Kubuntu 18.04

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
flhoff2
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

GIT authentication Codelite 10.0 Kubuntu 18.04

Post by flhoff2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:43 am

I have just installed Codelite 10.0 on a new Kubuntu 18.04 VirtualBox VM. It was installed from a package, not built from source. I am having problems with the GIT plugin. Things are fine as long as I am working with code in/from a local repository. However, I am unable to PULL from, or PUSH to, the remote (origin) repository. When one of these operations is selected, the prompt for the password required by my .ssh rsa file is simply echoed in the GIT plugin output screen. (I have tried entering it there, but - of course - that does not work.) In my previous Kubuntu 14.04 VM with Codelite 9.2, at this point in the procedure a system prompt would appear asking for the password to/for my private key file. I would enter it, and the procedure would complete. (And, in fact, this would only occur once per Codelite session. Subsequent PUSHes, PULLs, CHECKOUTs would complete w/o prompting for the password.)
For what it's worth, I can complete these procedures from GIT on the command line in a Konsole window. I can also complete these procedures using SmartGIT.
Why is my Codelite 10.0 + GIT plugin simply echoing the native GIT/ssh password prompt to its output screen rather than initiating a usable password entry procedure?

[Q 2019-01-15]: Is this question defective? If so, please let me know and I will attempt to rectify any deficiencies. FLH