CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
xthunderheartx
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Local view of char array broken in 12.09

Post by xthunderheartx »

Hey Eran,

I updated to 12.09 late last week and it looks like the local view of a char array member in a struct is broken. A stand alone array looks ok. It may be that I have some configured wrong, or there is some new feature (???) that causes this behavior but I can't imagine what it would be. I attached a screenshot from my xubuntu 18.04 desktop. As you can see the indices of the char array are sorted in a less than predictable way :shock: Makes examining the NULL terminated string

Code: Select all

userCmd.cmd
a bit dicey. I can provide additional logs if it would be helpful, just want to verify it isn't a cockpit error first.

Thx - Dallas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Local view of char array broken in 12.09

Post by eranif »

Did it work with an earlier versions? I don't think I did any change that can cause this.
I think that this is something that needs to be defined in GDB (e.g. display char[] as char*)
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
xthunderheartx
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by xthunderheartx »

Yes sir it did work on the previous version which I think was 12.03. I have codelite installed on 4 workstations, one under my desk at work and 3 more in my home office. I upgraded the main one I use at home I think the day 12.09 came out (sometime last week I think). I upgraded the one here at work right after I pushed Friday night. I literally went out the door right after that. Last night I sat down at home to get a jumpstart on the week and noticed the issue there. Then when I got in to the office this AM I checked and sure enough had the same issue here looks like.

Is there anything I can do to further characterize the issue?

Thx - KDP
xthunderheartx
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by xthunderheartx »

display char[] as char* didn't help I'm afraid.
ColleenKobe
CodeLite Expert

Post by ColleenKobe »

FWIW--I just loaded CodeLite 12.0.9, and I'm having the same issue with the Debugger not listing character arrays in the sequence in the actual array.

I know it worked before.

Thanks.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Did you change GDB version?
CodeLite only shows what GDB provides. It does not manipulate the variables value
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread