Time lapse in every console program I compile?

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
esnc59
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Time lapse in every console program I compile?

Post by esnc59 »

I'm new to CodeLite, and am checking it out in an attempt to return to learning programming/C++ after so many years.

In my case it's CodeLite 12.0, Windows 7 64 bit.

I just installed it a bit ago, and had to spend some time figuring out how to connect it with the
MingGW64 (I'm sure its called) compiler until I finally got that figured out.
Then I finally got a couple different written forms of Hello World (Command prompt) to work but...

I noticed every program I compile that works, it always says "Time Elapsed: 000:00:000" at the end of the command prompt right before "Press anykey to continue...". Just doesn't seem right to me as I never saw that when I was learning in Visual Studio way back in the day. I type exactly the code that they all write aright after installing the program, but they're programs turn out normal, (Don't have the Time elapsed)

I've been looking at Youtube tutorials on installing CodeLite when I installed it. I'm starting new projects as "Simple g++ command programs" if that helps.

So is this something normal about this version of CodeLite, or is could something be wrong?
If there is anything thing I could provide that would be helpful please let me know and I'll try my best to fetch it.

Thank you for your time, I hope I can help this.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Time lapse in every console program I compile?

Post by eranif »

This is because you have the feature: "Pause when execution ends" (right click on the project settings->general->pause when execution ends)
If you untick this option, your code will terminate immediately after it's done. This is how Windows behaves by default - the console will close.

When the above option is enabled, your program is executed in a wrapper program called "le_exec.exe" which is the one printing the "hit any key to continue" + give you the time elapsed value
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
esnc59
CodeLite Curious

Re: Time lapse in every console program I compile?

Post by esnc59 »

eranif wrote:This is because you have the feature: "Pause when execution ends" (right click on the project settings->general->pause when execution ends)
If you untick this option, your code will terminate immediately after it's done. This is how Windows behaves by default - the console will close.

When the above option is enabled, your program is executed in a wrapper program called "le_exec.exe" which is the one printing the "hit any key to continue" + give you the time elapsed value
Thank you!
I apologize it was a tiny simple question. I'm excited to be able to start things now.