How do I change the default terminal?

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
Cee
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

How do I change the default terminal?

Post by Cee »

I am using codelite 12.0.0 on ubuntu 18.04.

In the codelite settings, under the "terminal" tab, I checked the "Use codelite's built in terminal emulator" checkbox. As soon as I checked the box, all of the options in the terminal tab got disabled/greyed-out, including the checkbox to switch it back.

I now want to switch it back to the default gnome-terminal, but I can't, since all of the "terminal" options are disabled.

How do I switch the default codelite terminal back to gnome-terminal?
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: How do I change the default terminal?

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

That bug has been fixed since 12.0.0, so one possibility is to self-build from git, or see if the 16.04 (xenial) 12.0.5 deb works in 18.04.

Otherwise delete your ~/.codelite/ dir. That will reset the terminal setting, but all the others too.

Regards,

David
Cee
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by Cee »

DavidGH wrote:Hi,

That bug has been fixed since 12.0.0, so one possibility is to self-build from git, or see if the 16.04 (xenial) 12.0.5 deb works in 18.04.

Otherwise delete your ~/.codelite/ dir. That will reset the terminal setting, but all the others too.

Regards,

David
Do you know which config file actually contains the particular setting? maybe I could edit that config file to only change back the terminal setting, and not loose all my other settings.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

I did check this morning, but unfortunately it's stored, as 1 << 18 iirc, in an int along with other settings. So it would be non-trivial to change.