CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
EldritchCode
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Pause when execution ends stopped working

Post by EldritchCode »

Hey,

Hopefully someone can help me, I've tried searching the form but cant seem to find an answer.

Recently when running the console window will close on execution complete. Pause when execution ends is checked and I have tried unchecking and rechecking and cleaning the build but the console still auto closes. Ii was working fine until earlier today when it just randomly stopped working. I tried creating a new project and running the default template of hello world in main and get the same results.

Any other options that I have maybe missed or something I can do to fix it, or will I have to reinstall codelite?

-edit-
I have also tried creating a new workspace and project, pause when execution ends is active by default and still get the same result of the console closing on execution complete, I know I can use system("pause") in the mean time but it's not really an ideal solution long term
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Pause when execution ends stopped working

Post by eranif »

Can you please provide more info about you version and os?
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
EldritchCode
CodeLite Curious

Post by EldritchCode »

Oh right that would of been useful to add

I'm running version 12.0 on Windows 8.1
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Is it 12.0 or 12.0.4?
(I am asking cause I did multiple changes in that area, can't remember for which version was it)
Thanks!
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
EldritchCode
CodeLite Curious

Post by EldritchCode »

12.0.0 as it is the stable release

-edit- Should also have mentioned I am using the 64 bit version along with MinGW 5.1 64 bit
Last edited by EldritchCode on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EldritchCode
CodeLite Curious

Post by EldritchCode »

---Edit----
I just discovered what is happening, I am used to just pressing F5 with other IDEs to run and have started doing that and have been running the start/continue debugger instead of pressing ctrl+F5 to just run. :oops:

---Original---
Looking to see if I could somehow recreate the problem, I did a fresh install of 12.0.0 64 bit on my windows 10 pc. Installed it went through the setup wizard downloading and installing MinGW-TDM5.1/64 bit from sourceforge.

I created a new workspace then a new project selecting console gcc, I then went into workspace settings > code completion and checked "enable c++ 17 standard", afterwards I went into project settings and checked that "Pause when executions ends" was checked then went down to global settings > compiler options and checked "enable all compiler warnings" and "enable c++ 17 features"

I opened up main.c and build and run and the console closes on execution complete, I didnt get the completion time and press any key to continue message the console just briefly flashes on the screen. Is there some other option that I am forgetting to set?
rthornbl
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Post by rthornbl »

I think I have a similar issue. but I also found a way where pause on completion works ok (sort of)/

OS ubntu 16.04/64
Codelite 12.0.8

Broken Scenario
1. I have the hello world app with insert break @ main and pause on completion set.
2. run with F5
a. get new terminal window with warning displayed
i) &warning GDB: failed to set controlling terminal: operation not permitted displayed in terminal
3. F5 again
a. brief printout and term window goes away.

Pause works scnenario
If I run with CNTL-F9 works ok and no ...failed to set msg in termainal window

If there is something else I can provide to help let me know.