Everything I write is invisible

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
chitrank bisht
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Everything I write is invisible

Post by chitrank bisht »

Everything in the editing area is invisible. But when I press Ctrl+A and copy the contents and paste it somewhere the text can be seen. :!: Please help me with it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Everything I write is invisible

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

Some more information would help. Which platform are you using? Which CodeLite version? Did you download it from somewhere (where?) or build it yourself? Did it used to work? If so, did you change some setting?

Is there anything special about your main.c? If it's not already from one, what happens if you add a new project to the workspace, one of the C/C++ templates?

Have you tried changing the colours/font/theme that CodeLite uses? If so, change back. If not, see Settings > Colours and Fonts.

Regards,

David
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Everything I write is invisible

Post by eranif »

Since we do have the tab visible, I suspect that everything is simply appears as 'grey' (the background and text colour)
What do you get in settings->colours and fonts? do you have any schemes installed?

If you don't have (and I suspect that you dont have any), you can choose and download one from here:
http://www.eclipsecolorthemes.org/

1. Click on any scheme you like and download the XML file
2. Open the Settings->Colours and Fonts dialog
3. Click on the 'Import eclipse theme' button
4. Select the XML file and click OK

Now the scheme should be installed, next select it as the default:

1. Open the Settings->Colours and Fonts dialog
2. In the "General" tab, select the "Global Theme" to the newly installed scheme

HTH,
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread