Source build make error

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
SouLShadow
CodeLite Curious

Source build make error

Post by SouLShadow »

been trying to compile codelite from source on my slackware 12.2 box. 1st problem i encountered was hundreds of linking errors for everything wxString being undefined. Figured the wxWidgets build was messed up, recompiled, etc..
2nd time compiling codelite ended with this error:

Plugin/cppwordscanner.cpp: In constructor 'CppWordScanner::CppWordScanner(const wxString&)':
Plugin/cppwordscanner.cpp:53: error: no matching function for call to 'wxSortedArrayString::Sort()'
/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/arrstr.h:27: note: candidates are: void wxBaseArrayStringBase::Sort(int (*)(wxString*, wxString*))
make: *** [Release_gcc_unicode/cppwordscanner.o] Error 1

Ok, first build of wxWidgets was simply: configure --enable-unicode
2nd build of wxWidgets was with: configure --enable-unicode --enable-stl

using wxWidgets-2.8.9 and codelite-1.0.2759

everything else was done by the book. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something?
SouLShadow
CodeLite Curious

Re: Source build make error

Post by SouLShadow »

well, recompiled everything a 3rd time with no problems. wxWidgets with only --enable-unicode. guess Codelite doesn't work well with --enable-stl in wxWidgets. maybe something to look into? btw, i also noticed a lot of other warnings, mainly about depricated string to char * conversions and some things possibly being used uninitialized. a few other warnings that i can't remember.

oh forgot to mention (in case you needed the info for anything), here's my gcc/g++ version info:

Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.2.4/specs
Target: i486-slackware-linux
Configured with: ../gcc-4.2.4/configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,java,objc --enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-checking --with-gnu-ld --verbose --with-arch=i486 --target=i486-slackware-linux --host=i486-slackware-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.4

thanks for your time, hope something in here helps someone.