CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
mercyful
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

FreeBSD Codelite 11 - Git plugin with GTK Errors

Post by mercyful »

When I startup Codelite in FreeBSD, latest 64 bit version and Release
I keep seeing the following when trying to use GIT Plugin. Any ideas or suggestions, everything else appears to be ok.

Code: Select all

(codelite:1243): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: FreeBSD Codelite 11 - Git plugin with GTK Errors

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

(I've moved the topic now but, out of interest, why did you choose to post in the 'External Tools' subforum?)
(codelite:1243): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed
Linux gets lots of similar output too.

CodeLite is based on the wxWidgets toolkit which, for Linux and FreeBSD, wraps gtk+. gtk+ outputs alarmist messages like this when it's unhappy about something, which is often. Fortunately they seldom signal real problems; the program still runs normally.

In short, running any wxWidgets program often results in similar messages. Provided everything works normally they can be ignored.

Regards,

David
mercyful
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: FreeBSD Codelite 11 - Git plugin with GTK Errors

Post by mercyful »

Hi David,

Git is considered a plugin, so I wasn't too sure the best forum to post in regards to this issue.
Since there haven't been any replies it doesn't seem like alot of people are running it on FreeBSD.

Codelite itself runs great, it's just when I try to use GIT I get this issue, not sure what I might do to resolve the problem, sometimes the widows plugin will go a little bonkers as well then I just have to resort to the command line.