"Could not locate GTK"

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
405ClickBait
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

"Could not locate GTK"

Post by 405ClickBait »

I'm trying to follow the CodeLite instructions to build from source. This is for an ARM-based target on Ubuntu.

I get an error from CMAKE that says

Code: Select all

Could not locate GTK2
. Looking in the CmakeLists.txt file I can see that this is a result of find_package(GTK2) failing to find GTK2. I think I have installed gtk according to what the build instructions say to do using the command

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev
. I also manually built wxWidgets in it's own folder /home/ubuntu/wxWisdgets3.0/wxWidgets-3.0.2/ and tested it with their examples. wxWidgets seems to be installed ok.

I've never used cmake before and I don't understand what a "package" is so I'm struggling to debug. How would I [manually] locate this package on my filesystem and how do I get cmake to find it? I have tried the bit in the instructions where it says to add "PATH=/path/to/my/other/wx/build:$PATH" to the cmake command but same results.

P.S. I also have a few other oddities spit out to me from cmake like

LIBSSH_LIB is set to LIBSSH_LIB-NOTFOUND
even though I have installed libssh as the instructions say - with the command

sudo apt-get install libssh-dev
. Also what looks like an error
Could NOT find Freetype (missing: FREETYPE_LIBRARY)
My CodeLite Version: I don't have CodeLite yet. I downloaded the code this week from github per the installation istructions using the command

git clone https://github.com/eranif/codelite.git
Is it self-comiled? Not yet - currently trying to compile it
My OS: Ubuntu Trusty 14.04.2 TLS
Compiler version: cmake v2.8.12.2

I cannot copy my entire build output today because I am not allowed to have the linux device on the network where I am currently.