Trouble finding file.

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
JEIhrig
CodeLite Curious

Trouble finding file.

Post by JEIhrig »

I have written a program that reads from one file and writes to another. It works fine on the command line but when I run it in codelite I get the message:
/usr/local/bin/le_exec.sh: 22: pipes.pgm: not found

pipes.pgm is an input file to my program, it might also be helpful to know that it is getting that filename through a command line argument I set by right clicking a folder in workspace view, selecting "settings", and typed "pipes.pgm myOutput.pgm 1" (without the quotes) into the Command Arguments entry. I then tried changing the Working Directory to the absolute path but it still did not find the file.
I then went to the "Custom Build" tab (Still within settings) and put the absolute path into the Working Directory. I am sure that I am missing something simple here. If I can figure this out I will probably switch over to CodeLite more permanently... I've been using KDevelop, but I really like some of the features this has that I don't see in KDevelop.

Anyway, any advice anyone can give me would be much appreciated!

Jim
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Trouble finding file.

Post by eranif »

The exact command line that codelite ran cab be found in the 'Output' tab, make sure that the paths are correct there.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
JEIhrig
CodeLite Curious

Post by JEIhrig »

Oh, ok.. The command is:

xterm -title ' pipes.pgm myOutput.pgm 1' -e /bin/sh -f /usr/local/bin/le_exec.sh pipes.pgm myOutput.pgm 1
But I think it should be:
xterm -title ' pipes.pgm myOutput.pgm 1' -e /bin/sh -f /usr/local/bin/le_exec.sh ./Assignment2 pipes.pgm myOutput.pgm 1

So I have added ./Assignment2 to the "Command" text box in "settings". It seems to work now. I wonder if it was there by default and I accidentally deleted it...

Anyway, thanks! Problem solved!
Jim
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

By default the 'Command' contain:

Code: Select all

./$(ProjectName)
You might have deleted it...