Node.js breakpoints

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
NuSkooler
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Node.js breakpoints

Post by NuSkooler »

eranif wrote:I have uploaded a new CodeLite 8.2.4 weekly build, it will be great if you could test it and report back.
Also, a suggestions for how to improve the NodeJS plugin are greatly appreciated
This looks excellent! I will download and try this out tonight and report back.
NuSkooler
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by NuSkooler »

OK, here are some observations/comments/suggestions after using the last build you posted for a couple days:
  • New inspector works pretty well. Two things here: 1) It would be nice if at least the top level object (and perhaps 1 deep) started out expanded. 2) The window is very jumpy here -- it's hard to expand the inspector without it closing/resetting.
  • Cannot expand some objects in either the tooltip inspector or the regular inspector view. These are probably things with circular refs. though. I need to validate that.
  • A "Don't ask me again" option on the run/debug dialog after pressing F5 would be great. The options therein would have to be present somewhere of course in case you did need to get back to them.
  • For some reason, after pressing F5 and launching, I have to press F5 twice on the initial breakpoint to proceed
  • When an exception is thrown, a "Uncaught exception thrown!" dialog comes up, but the exception data doesn't show up anywhere. Not in the IDE, the debug window, etc. (at least that I can find) nor does the debugger jump to anything with a stack. Due to this, I have to run the command line node debug whatever.js to find the exception.
Keep up the great work! It's nice to finally have a pretty solid IDE and debugger for Node.js "desktop" applications especially!
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

NuSkooler wrote:Cannot expand some objects in either the tooltip inspector or the regular inspector view. These are probably things with circular refs. though. I need to validate that.
Can you minimize it into a sample JS file that I can try and debug?
NuSkooler wrote:Two things here: 1) It would be nice if at least the top level object (and perhaps 1 deep) started out expanded
I assume that you are talking here about the tooltip, since I think that I am already doing this in the inspector
NuSkooler wrote:A "Don't ask me again" option on the run/debug dialog after pressing F5 would be great. The options therein would have to be present somewhere of course in case you did need to get back to them.
Good idea. There is a general location where you can "reset" all the annoying dialogs answers and its from settings->global editor preferences->misc->history->reset annoying dialogs answers

In the meanwhile, I did some more improvements and now the debugger handles "Arrays" a bit differently, up until now, the "name" field of array items was empty, now they are presented in the following manner:

Code: Select all

arr = []
   [0] = "Item 1"
   [1] = "Item 2"
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread