Macosx issues

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
yiplite
CodeLite Curious

Macosx issues

Post by yiplite »

Hi, I just discovered CodeLite and am very impressed. I have tried both Windows (1.0.2423) and Macosx PPC (1.0.2419 prebuilt, 1.0.2423, built from src) versions. I would prefer to use the Macosx version but found a few things I can't quite figure out:
1) The debugger window does not show local variables (no problem on windows)
2) The debugger window lacks the buttons to add and delete watch variables
3) No facility to change font size of the editor
Are these features missing from the OSX version?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Macosx issues

Post by eranif »

Hi,

I my self am working with CodeLite on MacOSX (intel) - the Mac version should contain all options/settings that other OSs has.
yiplite wrote:2) The debugger window lacks the buttons to add and delete watch variables
it is a UI issue, something with toolbars & Mac :D -> I will change this today ...
yiplite wrote:1) The debugger window does not show local variables (no problem on windows)
This i will have to try
yiplite wrote:3) No facility to change font size of the editor
Well, this one is just a user error :D

to change the font:
'settings -> syntax highlight...' and from this dialog you can modify the font for each and every lexer, for each lexer you can set font/colour/size for different style (comments, keyword C++ comment etc.). or you can set it globally for the lexer (by using the 'global font')

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
yiplite
CodeLite Curious

Post by yiplite »

eranif, thanks for your prompt reply.
Absolutely right about the font issue - user error :oops:
About the buttons for the watch window, I later found that they are invisible, but actually work - If I click on the positions where they are supposed to be, the usual dialog box pops up, or the selected watch variable is deleted. Hopefully the display of local variables is related to the same UI issue.
I'm ready to start using CodeLite now, thanks to your help. :P
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

yiplite wrote:Hopefully the display of local variables is related to the same UI issue.
No it is not. It appears as if the gdb that comes with Mac does not follow the standard of GDB of Windows / LInux (Apple developers uses different branch of gdb and basically do what they want ...)

however, I managed to locate the problem - and will commit a fix in the coming hour or so.
yiplite wrote: If I click on the positions where they are supposed to be, the usual dialog box pops up, or the selected watch variable is deleted.
It is a bug with MacOSX and toolbar with text only. I will fix this by replacing the toolbar with 3 buttons.
BTW, the watch list also has a context menu (try Ctrl-Click...)

Eran
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

All is now fixed in SVN trunk:
- You can watch locals
- The buttons in the 'Watches' tab are visible

Eran
yiplite
CodeLite Curious

Post by yiplite »

Thanks a lot for the amazing quick fix. Really appreciate it. I'll check out from svn and rebuild.
yiplite
CodeLite Curious

Post by yiplite »

Just want to confirm that I checked out build 2463 from svn, rebuilt without a hitch, and the two fixes work. Thanks again :D