incorrect file replace option

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
hbr_in
CodeLite Expert

incorrect file replace option

Post by hbr_in »

Hi,

When i go to fin in files dialog, we have an option to replace search candidates (find replace candidates). But no option is provided to mention the word to replace with. if i want to search for "a" & replace it with "b", where should i specify b. the same for find dialog.

Regards
Guruaja
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: incorrect file replace option

Post by eranif »

hbr_in wrote:here should i specify b
Just click 'Find Replace candidates' and see what happens ...
if you will click it, you will see all the results in the 'Replace Results' tab at the bottom.

There u will be able to get a 'preview', a place to enter the 'replace with' and more

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
hbr_in
CodeLite Expert

Post by hbr_in »

eranif wrote: There u will be able to get a 'preview', a place to enter the 'replace with' and more
Eran
I enterd the text to replace & found that there is only replace all.
now i was wondering what to do if i want to do only for few occurances & there was no replace but.
so was researching on this 5 min & forund that
double clicking on the occurance would replace the work.

isnt it be easier if i have a replace button along with replace all.

TIA

Regards
Gururaja
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

eranif wrote:I enterd the text to replace & found that there is only replace all.
now i was wondering what to do if i want to do only for few occurances & there was no replace but.

Eran
hbr_in
CodeLite Expert

Post by hbr_in »

1. The "search /replace in selected text" doesnt do anything. I think its same as find next.
a. even though i have entered some text in "replace with" field in "replace results" window, then select search /replace in selected text & then press enter. it just moves searching "find what" word.

2. Shouldnt the replace with field appear right below the replace results tab.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

hbr_in wrote:1. The "search /replace in selected text" doesnt do anything. I think its same as find next.
When 'Search / Replace in selected text' is enabled, the 'Find Next' is disabled, so it can do the same. You need to have selected text to use it.
hbr_in wrote:a. even though i have entered some text in "replace with" field in "replace results" window, then select search /replace in selected text & then press enter. it just moves searching "find what" word.
You are mixing 2 operations here: 'Find Results' and 'Find/Replace' dialog are 2 different entities. setting the 'replace with' in the 'Replace results' has NO affect on the 'Find/Replace dialog'

By default, enter moves to the next control. If you want to perform the 'replace all' click 'Alt-A' or click the button - anything other than that, please submit a bug report / feature request.
hbr_in wrote:2. Shouldnt the replace with field appear right below the replace results tab.
Do you mean to move the text area and the buttons to be above the list of results?

---static text here
---replace with:[ ] [Replace all] [Clear]
---list of results

Eran
hbr_in
CodeLite Expert

Post by hbr_in »

eranif wrote:When 'Search / Replace in selected text' is enabled, the 'Find Next' is disabled, so it can do the same. You need to have selected text to use it.
Then why does 'Search / Replace in selected text' appear in find dialog
eranif wrote: You are mixing 2 operations here: 'Find Results' and 'Find/Replace' dialog are 2 different entities. setting the 'replace with' in the 'Replace results' has NO affect on the 'Find/Replace dialog'
So, if find and find/replace are different then keep it different. Why are u bringing replace word in find dialog.
eranif wrote:Do you mean to move the text area and the buttons to be above the list of results?
---static text here
---replace with:[ ] [Replace all] [Clear]
---list of results
Eran
I just saw u have done this.

If u believe me i have subscribed to CL Mailing list, CL Development build & every other place i can get info abt CL developemnts. I feel really happy when u have done somethings to improve it. Keep up the good work man. u r doing good.

TIA

Regards
Guruaja
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

hbr_in wrote:Then why does 'Search / Replace in selected text' appear in find dialog
You are correct, this entry should not appear in the 'Find Dialog' only in replace dialog
hbr_in wrote:So, if find and find/replace are different then keep it different. Why are u bringing replace word in find dialog.
last I checked, 'Replace with' only appears when I open the 'replace dialog' (Ctrl-H), starting the find dialog (Ctrl-F) has no 'replace with' field.
hbr_in wrote:If u believe me i have subscribed to CL Mailing list
Ofc I do.
eranif wrote:CL Development build & every other place i can get info abt CL developemnts
The best mailing list, is the SVN one, where u will get detailed information about what was changed

Eran