Compiling CodeLite Problem, excessive warnings

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
MikeMelzer
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Compiling CodeLite Problem, excessive warnings

Post by MikeMelzer »

Hello folks. I'm using CodeLite 2.9.0.4684, with SVN last updated two days ago. I installed the full CodeLite pkg, with MinGW and wxWidgets. So, when trying to compile CodeLite from this CodeLite install, I end up with no errors, but 66 warnings and I don't get a codelite.exe after the build. Many of the warnings are in regards to labels or functions which are defined and not used. This includes multiple instances of:

yynewerror
yyerrlab
find_rule
yy_flex_realloc
yy_unput
yysccsid
yy_fatal_error

amongst others, such as depreciations. This occurs whether building debug or release.

For installing the software, I let everything install to the installers default location. This is running on a Centrino Duo Dell Latitude D620, WindowsXP Pro SP3.

Am I missing some source files, or are there other packages that need to be installed? I also have MS VC++2003 installed on this machine. Do I have to make any configuration changes?

Any insight that you folks can shed on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm very intrigued with CodeLite, and would like to be able to experiment with it's source code.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Compiling CodeLite Problem, excessive warnings

Post by eranif »

MikeMelzer wrote:yynewerror
yyerrlab
find_rule
yy_flex_realloc
yy_unput
yysccsid
yy_fatal_error
Those errors are from the generated yacc code and can be safely ignored.
MikeMelzer wrote:Any insight that you folks can shed on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm very intrigued with CodeLite, and would like to be able to experiment with it's source code.
Did you check under Runtime/ directory whether you have a binary?

In any case, please post the build log (attach it as TXT file)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
MikeMelzer
CodeLite Curious

Post by MikeMelzer »

Thanks for the fast reply!!

Yes, I looked under Runtime/, and had codelite_cppcheck.exe as the first executable. Also have codelite_indexer.exe, codelite_launder.exe, file2hex.exe, le_exe, makedir.exe, patch.exe and rm.exe. Almost all of the warnings were in the codelite.exe project, and I'm assuming the output file wasn't created due to excessive warnings.

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't see where the log file is. If you could tell me where to find it, I'll post it for you.

BTW, good work on the software.
MikeMelzer
CodeLite Curious

Post by MikeMelzer »

Let me try this. I did a copy/paste of the output window.

I hope this helps. All but 2 warnings are from the CodeLite project itself.

Thanks for taking a look, I appreciate your taking the time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Program Files/Subversion/bin/codelite/LiteEditor'
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory `C:/Program Files/Subversion/bin/codelite/LiteEditor'
windres -i "C:/Program Files/Subversion/bin/codelite/LiteEditor/code_parser.rc" --use-temp-file --define __WXMSW__ --define _UNICODE --include-dir C:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\gcc_dll\mswu --include-dir C:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\include --define WXUSINGDLL -o Release/code_parser.rc.o
gcc: S;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH: No such file or directory
windres: gcc exited with status 1
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [Release/code_parser.rc.o] Error 1
As you can see, winres failed to compile the code.

You should re-checkout codelite source files into a directory without any space in their path and it will work.

MinGW's winres can not compile files located in a directories which include space in their path.
Eran
MikeMelzer
CodeLite Curious

Post by MikeMelzer »

Thank you for your help!

That did it. While I still get 66 warnings, I now get a codelite.exe.

Thanks again!

P.S. - So does everyone get those 66 warnings?

BTW, I noticed that when copying the executable to the codelite directory, in order for it to run properly, I had to also replace libcodeliteu.dll and libpluginsdku.dll. Is this typical with the changes that have been incorporated to the svn since the last release?

Now that I've got it compiling, I'm looking forward to exploring the code more.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

MikeMelzer wrote:P.S. - So does everyone get those 66 warnings?
Yes
MikeMelzer wrote:BTW, I noticed that when copying the executable to the codelite directory, in order for it to run properly, I had to also replace libcodeliteu.dll and libpluginsdku.dll. Is this typical with the changes that have been incorporated to the svn since the last release?
To "update" your local installation, you should do this (assuming you installed codelite into the default installation path which is C:\Program Files (x86) (Win7/Vista) or C:\Program Files (WinXP):

1) close codelite
2) cd Runtime
3) Since you are under WinXP, open the script: update.bat and replace:

Code: Select all

%ProgramFiles(x86)%
with

Code: Select all

%ProgramFiles%
4) close and run this update.bat

If you installed codelite elsewhere, change the path to point to your installation directory

Eran
MikeMelzer
CodeLite Curious

Post by MikeMelzer »

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I was familiar with the update.bat. I was just sort of making an observation.

I've been looking for a C/C++ IDE with source that I could use to learn more programming, and want to say thanks for your work and keeping it open source.