CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
Sagud
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

CodeLite Starter!

Post by Sagud »

Yo all!

I am new in CodeLite. Always wanted to have a program for C++ in Linux.

I need some help at start.

1. I don't know how to Debug & Run simple .cpp file. When you have .cpp file for example on the Desktop. How do you open, debug and run it? Do you always need to make a new project?

2. Can you change preview program? Can you choose something else then white background and black text?

3. Where are the files of CodeLite when you create a new project? Where are they located? Where is the main program (in Windows = .exe) of .cpp in Linux?

I am using Linux Ubuntu 10.04.

Thanks
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Re: CodeLite Starter!

Post by foxmuldr »

Sagud wrote:1. I don't know how to Debug & Run simple .cpp file. When you have .cpp file for example on the Desktop. How do you open, debug and run it? Do you always need to make a new project?
Yes, first create a new workspace, then create a new project, then add the existing file to your project. It will compile and you can run by pressing F5. If you build using "Debug" (and not "Release"), use F9 to set a breakpoint where you want the code to stop there and you can step through using F10, or the icons.
2. Can you change preview program? Can you choose something else then white background and black text?
Not presently.
3. Where are the files of CodeLite when you create a new project? Where are they located? Where is the main program (in Windows = .exe) of .cpp in Linux?

I am using Linux Ubuntu 10.04.
Glad to see another Ubuntu user! Wherever you create your workspace, and wherever you create your project, and wherever you load in existing source files from, or wherever you tell CodeLite to add new files, that's where the source files will be. Typically, you create a workspace at some location, a project in the directory tree beneath that, and the source files in that project directory. Executable files are (by default) sent to that same project directory, with the Debug\ and Release\ folders beneath.

You can change all of that, but that's how it's setup by default.

- Rick
Last edited by foxmuldr on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
Sagud
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: CodeLite Starter!

Post by Sagud »

Thanks Rick