CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
arsenique
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

codelite-remote is not running

Post by arsenique »

Hi,

I am running codelite on Windows 11 with "File System Workspace" located on Ubuntu 20.04.
I can successfully connect and see the folder, open files, add files, edit existing, but Language Server doesn't seem to be running.

I followed the instructions from: https://docs.codelite.org/plugins/remoty/.
I have installed clangd following the instructions from: https://docs.codelite.org/plugins/lsp/. And even installed 'clangd' in addition to 'cland-tools' (the latter doesn't install the former as it is mentioned in the instructions).
I added the codelite-remote.json both to ~/.codelite and .codelite in my workspace.

But nothing happens. I still can't make CodeLite parse my sources, see layout or navigation through the references in the code.

To check things I even ran

Code: Select all

ps -ef|grep codelite-remote

, and it showed that no codelite-remote is running.
Please help. I like CodeLite and I don't want to leave it just because of this. I need this to work.

Thank you,
Arseniy

eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: codelite-remote is not running

Post by eranif »

I don't its mentioned in the docs, but:

• CodeLite uses SSH command line tool to run codelite-remote (but not for the rest) - make sure it is installed and in your PATH environment variable
  • You must be able to connect to your Ubuntu from your Windows box without password
  • Check if you see an error message under %USERPROFILE%\CodeLite\codelite.log with message like Could not locate ssh executable in your PATH!
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
arsenique
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Post by arsenique »

Thank you. It worked. Only one small updated - the location of .CodeLite is a bit different. It sits in the ~/AppData/Roaming directory.

eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

You are correct, I used the wrong env...

it should be under:

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\CodeLite
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread