PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
iimanish
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE

Post by iimanish »

hello, I am Manish I have a major issue with codelite actually my debugger is not working on my pc I have tried majorly all the solutions but nothing happened as such, i have change the directory of the file, and done with the solutions of files not have spaces, special characters, or international characters in their names. but the problem still persists please help me theseplease i am eagerly waiting for some'one reply who can really help me

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

i am eagerly waiting for some'one reply who can really help me

Nobody will be able to help you unless you provide sensible information. All you have said so far is 'my debugger is not working on my pc'. Please read this forum post.

Regards,

David

iimanish
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by iimanish »

When i am debugging my code everytime it shows like this No executable specified,use 'target exec i have also changed my directories with spaces to without spaces i have reinstalled mingw and codelite for the solution but nothing works

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

You've still not supplied nearly enough information. If you'd read the link I posted you'd have seen (just showing the relevant bits):

To reduce the number of iteration in the forum, always state the following:
Your codelite version
Is it a self compiled version of codelite
Your OS
Compiler version

If it is a 'Debugger' related bug, make sure to also post:
The full debugger log - enable the 'full debugger logging' option, reproduce your problem and paste the output from the 'Debugger' view ("Output" tab) window to your post (from settings -> GDB settings -> GNU gdb debugger -> misc -> enable full debugger logging)
Your GDB version

iimanish
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by iimanish »

Yes, sorry for that I didn't go through that website so I don't know,

codelite version - 15.0.0
yes it a self compiled version of codelite
os - Windows 10 Home 64 bit
compiler version - g++ 8.1.0

Screenshot (41).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Thank you, that's much better.

I don't use Windows, so I'm not likely to be able to help much. However, some more things to report:

1) Does the exe that you're trying to debug actually exist? IIRC sometime the Build step fails, but still says '0 errors, 0 warnings'.
2) If so, does the exe run successfully (or at all) if you try to run it in a terminal? If not, what is the error message?
3) Does the exe run if you try to run it inside CodeLite?
4) Your screenshot shows the Debugger pane, but it's open to the 'Locals' tab. What does the 'Output' tab show? (Don't post a screenshot, copy and paste the actual output, either here or in a pastebin.)

iimanish
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by iimanish »

1. Yes the exe file actually exist and after i did the rebuild project i got this C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /C C:/mingw-w64/x86_64-8.1.0-posix-seh-rt_v6-rev0/mingw64/bin/mingw32-make.exe -j8 SHELL=cmd.exe -e -f Makefile
    "----------Building project:[ new - Debug ]----------"
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory 'D:/NewFolder/cppProject/new'
    C:/mingw-w64/x86_64-8.1.0-posix-seh-rt_v6-rev0/mingw64/bin/g++.exe -c "D:/NewFolder/cppProject/new/main.cpp" -g -O0 -std=c++17 -Wall -o Debug/main.cpp.o -I. -I.
    C:/mingw-w64/x86_64-8.1.0-posix-seh-rt_v6-rev0/mingw64/bin/g++.exe -o Debug/new @"new.txt" -L. -static
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory 'D:/NewFolder/cppProject/new'
    ====0 errors, 0 warnings====
  2. Yes the exe run in the terminal
  3. yes it is running on codelite also
  4. I got this on my output view C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /C C:/mingw-w64/x86_64-8.1.0-posix-seh-rt_v6-rev0/mingw64/bin/mingw32-make.exe -j8 SHELL=cmd.exe -e -f Makefile
    "----------Building project:[ new - Debug ]----------"
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory 'D:/NewFolder/cppProject/new'
    C:/mingw-w64/x86_64-8.1.0-posix-seh-rt_v6-rev0/mingw64/bin/g++.exe -o Debug/new @"new.txt" -L. -static
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory 'D:/NewFolder/cppProject/new'
    ====0 errors, 0 warnings====
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Good, it built and runs; so you know it's a debugger-type problem, not a missing exe.

I got this on my output view...

That's not what I asked for. Look at the bottom right of your screenshot: you will see the Debugger pane. Its 8th tab, the last-but-one, is 'Output'. Click on that and you should see the gdb output.

If that is not helpful enough, see what I posted earlier:

The full debugger log - enable the 'full debugger logging' option, reproduce your problem and paste the output from the 'Debugger' view ("Output" tab) window to your post (from settings -> GDB settings -> GNU gdb debugger -> misc -> enable full debugger logging).

Did you do that?

iimanish
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by iimanish »

No in that error message when I am going to click on the ok button then the debugger pane automatically disappears and for your concern, i need to click on the OK button to go to that main screen of codelite.

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

You don't need to be on the screenshot screen. Just tick 'View > Debugger pane' (or press Ctrl-Alt-D).

Also, you shouldn't need to be debugging at the time; the output should still be there in the 'Output' tab after the debugger has exited.