CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

This forum is for the weekly builds only.
User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5832
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

Post by eranif » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:56 pm

Hi,

CodeLite version 9.1.5 is available for downloaded

The following platforms are supported in this release:
  • Windows 64 bit
  • Ubuntu 14.04/64 bit deb file (also works for Debian 8 and Linux Mint 17)
  • OSX 10.10 and later bundle
Linux Users: to install the deb file, you will need to uninstall any old version of CodeLite you might have installed:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install gdebi
sudo apt-get purge codelite wxcrafter
sudo gdebi /path/to/codelite/deb/file
Links:
Download Page
What's New?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

jfouche
CodeLite Guru
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:26 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Location: France
Contact:

Re: CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

Post by jfouche » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi Eran

a .php is missing for the download link
Jérémie

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5832
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

Post by eranif » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:47 pm

Thanks, fixed
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

metamorphosis
CodeLite Enthusiast
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:03 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

Post by metamorphosis » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:18 am

Couple of minor issues with this build:
code highlighting for variables under C++ doesn't work when the variables are declared in a row, for example:

int x, y;
x = y;

x will be coloured correctly, y won't.

int x;
int y;
x = y;

Both are coloured correctly.


Second issue is that movement and reappearing/disappearing of horizontal scrollbar based on horizontal code length is super-distracting when scrolling via dragging the vertical scrollbar. It actually interferes with scrolling once you reach the bottom of the scrollbar if there are varied lengths to the horizontal lines in that area - I would just disable that behaviour until the user releases the left mouse button when dragging the vertical scrollbar.

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5832
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

Post by eranif » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:32 pm

Both of these are not specific to CodeLite 9.1.5.
code highlighting for variables under C++ doesn't work when the variables are declared in a row, for example:

int x, y;
x = y;

x will be coloured correctly, y won't.

int x;
int y;
x = y;

Both are coloured correctly.
This is a known issue (there is a GitHub issue for this)
metamorphosis wrote:econd issue is that movement and reappearing/disappearing of horizontal scrollbar based on horizontal code length is super-distracting when scrolling via dragging the vertical scrollbar. It actually interferes with scrolling once you reach the bottom of the scrollbar if there are varied lengths to the horizontal lines in that area - I would just disable that behaviour until the user releases the left mouse button when dragging the vertical scrollbar.
You can disable this from settings->preferences->caret and scrolling->adjust horizontal scrollbar

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

limestone
CodeLite Curious
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:59 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

Post by limestone » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:26 pm

When using keyboard and having Workspace tree focused, pressing Menu physical key on keyboard (that usually lives next to right Ctrl) pops up a Quick search box and then its context menu, instead of popping context menu of the focused element.

Shift+F10 brings the correct context menu, just like right mouse click, without calling up Quick search box.

Issue was on 9.1.4 (it probably was introduced when Quick search box has born), remains on 9.1.5.

metamorphosis
CodeLite Enthusiast
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:03 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

Post by metamorphosis » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:18 am

eranif wrote:Both of these are not specific to CodeLite 9.1.5.
code highlighting for variables under C++ doesn't work when the variables are declared in a row, for example:

int x, y;
x = y;

x will be coloured correctly, y won't.

int x;
int y;
x = y;

Both are coloured correctly.
This is a known issue (there is a GitHub issue for this)
Okay, I guess this build was the first time I noticed this.
eranif wrote:
metamorphosis wrote:econd issue is that movement and reappearing/disappearing of horizontal scrollbar based on horizontal code length is super-distracting when scrolling via dragging the vertical scrollbar. It actually interferes with scrolling once you reach the bottom of the scrollbar if there are varied lengths to the horizontal lines in that area - I would just disable that behaviour until the user releases the left mouse button when dragging the vertical scrollbar.
You can disable this from settings->preferences->caret and scrolling->adjust horizontal scrollbar

Eran
I don't think you understand. Regardless of whether or not the user wants an auto-hiding scrollbar, this is abnormal behaviour. When click-hold-drag'ing the vertical scrollbar, on a long file with many lines which are wider than the edit window, the editor will suddenly 'jump' over blocks of code, and the reason is that the auto-hide behaviour has occurred, and these means the vertical length of the scrollbar has increased, and subsequently where the scrollbar cursor is, is somewhat higher than it was before, in the code. Please just disable the autohide behaviour when click-dragging the vertical slider, until release has occured.

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5832
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

Post by eranif » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:59 am

metamorphosis wrote:I don't think you understand. Regardless of whether or not the user wants an auto-hiding scrollbar, this is abnormal behaviour. When click-hold-drag'ing the vertical scrollbar, on a long file with many lines which are wider than the edit window, the editor will suddenly 'jump' over blocks of code, and the reason is that the auto-hide behaviour has occurred, and these means the vertical length of the scrollbar has increased, and subsequently where the scrollbar cursor is, is somewhat higher than it was before, in the code. Please just disable the autohide behaviour when click-dragging the vertical slider, until release has occured.
I understood you...
The problem is that wxWidgets does not provide a NCA GUI events (Non Client Area Events, and the scrollbar is considered a "Non Client Area") - i.e. CodeLite can't really know when a scrollbar is occuring
This is why I suggested you to disable this completely

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

metamorphosis
CodeLite Enthusiast
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:03 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

Post by metamorphosis » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:05 am

eranif wrote:
metamorphosis wrote:I don't think you understand. Regardless of whether or not the user wants an auto-hiding scrollbar, this is abnormal behaviour. When click-hold-drag'ing the vertical scrollbar, on a long file with many lines which are wider than the edit window, the editor will suddenly 'jump' over blocks of code, and the reason is that the auto-hide behaviour has occurred, and these means the vertical length of the scrollbar has increased, and subsequently where the scrollbar cursor is, is somewhat higher than it was before, in the code. Please just disable the autohide behaviour when click-dragging the vertical slider, until release has occured.
I understood you...
The problem is that wxWidgets does not provide a NCA GUI events (Non Client Area Events, and the scrollbar is considered a "Non Client Area") - i.e. CodeLite can't really know when a scrollbar is occuring
This is why I suggested you to disable this completely

Eran
Okay, I understand. Thanks for that.

metamorphosis
CodeLite Enthusiast
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:03 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: CodeLite 9.1.5 is available

Post by metamorphosis » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:53 am

Just spotted something small - on long lines (~248 characters wide), with auto-adjust horizontal scrollbar disabled, click-dragging the horizontal scrollbar to the end of the line doesn't actually reach end of line (stops about 2 characters back from end of line). Re-enabling auto-adjust horizontal scrollbar fixes this. Closing the file, disabling auto-adjust, reloading the file and going to the same line re-instantiates the problem.

Post Reply