Problems with wxCrafter

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
tumanovalex
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Problems with wxCrafter

Post by tumanovalex »

CodeLite 14.0.0, Windows 10 Home 64 bit. In wxCrafter, I had the following problems:
1. Unable to resize elements on the frame with the mouse.
2. It is not possible to move elements with the mouse to the desired location on the frame.
3. For some reason, the frame has a dark wide band at the bottom, where the elements are located (the appearance of the frame and the project in clWxWidWin.zip).
clWxWidWin.zip
Help me please.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Problems with wxCrafter

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

That sounds like a wxWidgets issue, perhaps a misunderstanding of how sizers are supposed to work.

You have a frame with a sizer. Inside that you have first a wxPanel, then everything else. The panel is empty. That's probably not what you want.
Instead, give that panel a sizer e.g. a wxBoxSizer. Put the rest of the gui controls (the pickers, the button...) into that sizer.
Unable to resize elements on the frame with the mouse.
It is not possible to move elements with the mouse to the desired location on the frame.
Correct. You're not supposed to do that for wxWidgets programs. Instead, alter the settings (the 'Sizer Flags' tab on the right) of how each element is added to its containing the sizer. See e.g. this tutorial.

Regards,

David
tumanovalex
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by tumanovalex »

Compared to WxSmith CodeBlocks, the designer of CodeLite for me personally seemed very incomprehensible and not convenient. I did as you wrote, but it didn’t get better. It was also not possible to move the elements located, for example, on the wxPanel or wxBoxSizer with the mouse. After setting in Sizer Flags the position change is irregular. In the designer WxSmith I can easily move elements and resize them with the mouse. It is not clear why in wxCrafter did not make a designer similar to a designer WxSmith. Actually, I decided to try CodeLite just because you use it. I plan to create all GUI projects using WxWidgets. I am a novice user of this wonderful library and I will probably have a lot of questions. I thought it would be easier for you to answer my questions if I use CodeLite. However, due to the inconvenient designer, I will most likely use CodeBlocks.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

However, due to the inconvenient designer, I will most likely use CodeBlocks.
No problem :) . Different people want different things, different ways of doing things.