Building wxWidgets with TDM-GCC-64 for wxCrafter

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
Sanction
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Building wxWidgets with TDM-GCC-64 for wxCrafter

Post by Sanction »

I'm trying to build wxWidgets with TDM-GCC-64 to get wxCrafter to build my projects on CodeLite.

My System:
  • Windows 10 64bit
    CodeLite 64Bit
    Wxwidgets 64Bit
    TDM-GCC-64
I'm following this Tutorial: http://codelite.org/Developers/BuildingWxWidgetsWin

Everything works until I use the following build command:

Code: Select all

mingw32-make -j8 -f Makefile.gcc SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release VENDOR=cl CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c++11" MONOLITHIC=1
How can I output the errors I get to a log file?

I did get this command to work:

Code: Select all

mingw32-make -j8 -f Makefile.gcc SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 BUILD=debug VENDOR=cl CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c++11" MONOLITHIC=1
*this was fixed because I had two mingw linked to PATH variable*

Secondly
How do I link the lib to Codelite? *out of the tutorials i could find none of them show you how to link libs to Codelite*

Thanks
Sançtion
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Building wxWidgets with TDM-GCC-64 for wxCrafter

Post by eranif »

Sanction wrote:I'm trying to build wxWidgets with TDM-GCC-64 to get wxCrafter to build my projects on CodeLite.
wxCrafter only generates code, it does not build it. This means that you can use wxCrafter to generate wxWidgets code and compile it under any compiler (MinGW/GCC, MS Visual C++ etc)
Sanction wrote:Everything works until I use the following build command:
CODE: SELECT ALL
mingw32-make -j8 -f Makefile.gcc SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release VENDOR=cl CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c++11" MONOLITHIC=1

How can I output the errors I get to a log file?
According to the tutorial, you should get something on the CMD terminal, what did you get?
How do I link the lib to Codelite? *out of the tutorials i could find none of them show you how to link libs to Codelite*
After you have built wxWidgets library, you should set the environment variables WXWIN in CodeLite main menu->Settings->Environment variables, and set it to point to the installation folder of you local wxWidgets build

NOTE: this is a CodeLite forum, so try and focus your questions on CodeLite and not on how to build wxWidgets application. There is an excellent forum that will help you with that: https://forums.wxwidgets.org
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread