Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
everydaydiesel
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Installing wxCrafter On ArchLinux

Post by everydaydiesel »

Hello,

I installed codelite via yaourt and started a new workspace but I do not see the wxCrafter tab at the top.

I am looking for something RAD like where I can drag and drop buttons, textboxes, etc. I assume wxCrafter does this but it does not appear to be installed.
According to the codelite.org website http://codelite.org/LiteEditor/Repositories it says all I need to do is the following (which I have done)

Code: Select all

yaourt -S codelite
Here is a screnshot of the codelite IDE. (notice on the side there is no wxCrafter tab)

CodeLite Version: 9.0.0
$ uname -r: 4.2.5-1-ARCH

Thanks in advance.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Installing wxCrafter On ArchLinux

Post by eranif »

We don't provide binaries for ArchLinux, so I don't know where you get it from...

wxCrafter is a custom, non open source plugin for CodeLite. I don't build wxCrafter for ArchLinux so wxCrafter is not provided for ArchLinux. A year or so ago, an ArchLinux packager approached me and suggested that he will build wxCrafter for ArchLinux, I sent him the sources and for the best of my knowledge, he released 2-3 wxCrafter packages. Haven't heard from him since...

I once tried once to install ArchLinux and wasted so much time on it, that I decided to give up on it. It looks like that the ArchLinux "architects" took an extreme measures to ensure that the ArchLinux community will stay small

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
everydaydiesel
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Post by everydaydiesel »

Thank you for the reply.

So is there no way that I can drag drop controls onto a form without wxCrafter? If not it looks like I will not be using codelite IDE :(

Also I am not sure when you tried Arch linux but they have made great strides since the earlier versions. You still have to setup the disk, partition/format, copy base files, etc but it gives you great flexability in what is installed on your system. If you get some time you should give it another shot, the speed is incredible.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

everydaydiesel wrote:So is there no way that I can drag drop controls onto a form without wxCrafter?
Not as a plugin. You can use CodeLite + wxFormBuilder (which is another RAD tool)
everydaydiesel wrote:If not it looks like I will not be using codelite IDE
That's OK, there are other good alternatives out there
everydaydiesel wrote:You still have to setup the disk, partition/format, copy base files, etc but it gives you great flexability in what is installed on your system
Its 2015 (almost 2016) I don't see why I should handle this manually...
the speed is incredible
I doubt it's faster than my Debian setup

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread