Problem controlling wxCrafter output directory

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
smitchell
CodeLite Curious
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:55 am
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Problem controlling wxCrafter output directory

Post by smitchell » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:37 am

I'm using 5.1 with wxCrafter 1.1 (registered), on Win7-x64 machine, (codelite-5.1.0-mingw4.7.1-wx2.9.4.exe bundle).

Since I don't check the wxCrafter generated files into SVN, they are regenerated after a checkout.
When I checkout into a different directory, I get build errors.

I have found two reasons for this.

1) In the wxcp file, the "m_generatedFilesDir" metadata is hard-coded to the original build directory;
fix: if it is left empty by editing the wxcp file, then it will use the current directory.

2) Also in the wxcp file, the "m_bitmapsFile" metadata is NOT hard-coded and changes its name based on the current build directory;
fix: instead force a specific filename (this can be edited in wxCrafter Project Settings).

The UI doesn't seem to reliably control the Output Directory through the wxCrafter Project Settings.
If the directory is cleared in the wxcp file, after some edits and a checkin, I'll find that it is again set to the current project directory.
Perhaps the Output Directory should be relative or allow use of Macros as with the Project Settings.

-Stan

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5944
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: Problem controlling wxCrafter output directory

Post by eranif » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:27 am

smitchell wrote:fix: if it is left empty by editing the wxcp file, then it will use the current directory
This is a bug.
The workaround: click on the little button to select a folder - once selected, wxC will convert it to relative path ( relative to the wxcp file )
smitchell wrote:Also in the wxcp file, the "m_bitmapsFile" metadata is NOT hard-coded and changes its name based on the current build directory;
This is by design. The name that you see in the "Bitmaps file" field is file name that wxC will generate. If it was not modified by the user the field will remain empty in the "metadata" section of the wxcp file. Once modified, it will be saved into the metadata
smitchell wrote:The UI doesn't seem to reliably control the Output Directory through the wxCrafter Project Settings.
If the directory is cleared in the wxcp file, after some edits and a checkin, I'll find that it is again set to the current project directory.
Perhaps the Output Directory should be relative or allow use of Macros as with the Project Settings.
Read my other comments. Fill free to open bugs if you still think its not cleared

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

smitchell
CodeLite Curious
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:55 am
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: Problem controlling wxCrafter output directory

Post by smitchell » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:32 pm

eranif wrote: The workaround: click on the little button to select a folder - once selected, wxC will convert it to relative path ( relative to the wxcp file )
Perfect! but I never would have discovered that :)
(Perhaps a tooltip hint would be helpful)

Thanks,
-Stan

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5944
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: Problem controlling wxCrafter output directory

Post by eranif » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:03 pm

smitchell wrote:Perfect! but I never would have discovered that
(Perhaps a tooltip hint would be helpful)
No need. I fixed it in git head.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

Post Reply