Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

wxCrafter - BETA CLOSED. Release is soon

Post by eranif »

Hi all,
Thanks for participating in the beta and also thanks for the feedback.

wxCrafter + new codelite version will be out soon.

In order to make wxC available for many as people as It can be, I have changed its licensing model so now it has 2 editions:
  • Free edition
  • Registered edition
The difference between the two:
The registered edition supports controls which are not available under the free edition. The registered version supports these additional controls:
  • wxDataViewListCtrl
  • wxDataViewTreeCtrl
  • wxDataViewCtrl - with auto generated model that supports tree-list-ctrl view like
  • wxBannerWindow
  • wxCommandLinkButton
  • wxInfoBar
  • wxCollapsiblePane
  • wxWebView
  • wxImageList
  • wxTimer
  • AND most important, by registering your wxCrafter any feature requests / bug report are get promoted to the top of the queue
The free edition, contains pretty much all other controls that the official wxWidgets (wx294) supports (including wxStyledTextCtrl, wxAuiManager, wxTreeBook, wxToolbook, wxWizard and much more)
In addition the free edition, has as impressive import wizards that basically allows you to import *any* wxFB / wxSmith or even plain XRC into wxC ( courtesy of DavidGH )

I have used it so far to import ~20 of codelite's dialogs with 100% success - no code change was needed after the import + all events were connected as they should!
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
wford
CodeLite Curious

Re: wxCrafter - BETA CLOSED. Release is soon

Post by wford »

I have converted my quite large project from Code::Blocks to CodeLite for two reasons:

1. CodeLite is easier to use.
2. It runs on OS X Mountain Lion perfectly, whereas Code::Blocks is dysfunctional with that operating system, and there are no plans to fix the problems.

My basic concern is further development of the wxWidgets components. Most of what I have now was done using wxSmith, and I believe I read that wxCrafter will convert wxSmith to wxCrafter format. That would be awesome! It looks like I just missed getting the Beta. Is there an estimate of the timeline for the release of wxCrafter? I am eagerly awaiting it.

Thanks.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

wford wrote: It runs on OS X Mountain Lion perfectly
Its probably because I own a Mac and test codelite on it from time to time and fix any visible issue
wford wrote:and I believe I read that wxCrafter will convert wxSmith to wxCrafter format. That would be awesome!
This is true. codelite's wxCrafter can convert wxFormBuilder / XRC (both tested heavily) + wxSmith (which was not tested as much as the first two)
wford wrote:That would be awesome! It looks like I just missed getting the Beta.
It was a small beta (30 participants), and it was out for almost a 4 months.

There is no specific time line, as I am currently polishing the 'git' plugin ( done ) + I have several more tasks before a release can start:

- Redesign the 'Setters / Getters' dialog
- Redesign "Implement all un-implemented" functions dialog
- Replacing the new "Reconcile project" feature UI ( this is a new feature in codelite 5.0 which allows the user to re-synch the project with the file system, by removing stale files or adding new files from the disk to the project)
- Implement "SQL History" in the DB explorer plugin
- A small fix to clang code completion backend

PM If you need a codelite with wxCrafter for Windows / Ubuntu 12.10 / 12.04 (both 32 / 64) - I can upload you one ( Mac will have to wait until I will test it some more)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
wford
CodeLite Curious

Post by wford »

Please allow me access to the Windows version of CodeLite with wxCrafter. I will work with it extensively and use the source code from the Windows application to update my OS X software.

Thanks for all your help and for your great software.