Feedback on [BETA] wxCrafter 0.3

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
ColinTaylor
CodeLite Expert
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:49 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Feedback on [BETA] wxCrafter 0.3

Post by ColinTaylor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Platform : MS Windows XP Prof, SP3
Codelite : 4.1.5927

1. Create a new project (wxWidgets+wxCrafterFrame), and without making any changes to it, compile it and the following warning is displayed in the build log
windres: warning: 24: 1: 1033: duplicate value
This doesn't seem to stop the app from running.

2. Using the same project as in item 1, using Crafter to add a tool to the toolbar, its not obvious how to set the ID attribute to a sensible value. The choices seem to be (1) pick one of the entries in the dropdown, or (2) type in a numeric value, and both of these do work. However, neither of these is ideal, (you either end up with magic numbers in the code or the descriptive value isn't a correct description of what the tool does) and this is one area where I think FormBuilder's approach seems preferable, where you can type in a nice descriptive ID and it assigns the numeric value of the ID. Perhaps there is a way to do this in Crafter, but I haven't been able to find it!

3. Normally Crafter allows you to connect events by right clicking in the GUI area, but not for Toolbar tools.

4. Cannot find any way to add a popup menu to the project

5. When assigning a png file to a toolbar tool, Crafter doesn't display it. However, the preview does display it and so does the built app, so this isn't a big deal.

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5942
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: Feedback on [BETA] wxCrafter 0.3

Post by eranif » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:48 pm

ColinTaylor wrote:1. Create a new project (wxWidgets+wxCrafterFrame), and without making any changes to it, compile it and the following warning is displayed in the build log
windres: warning: 24: 1: 1033: duplicate value
This doesn't seem to stop the app from running.
This is a wxWidgets bug (wx/wx.rc is part of wxWidgets SDK), I also get this warning when compiling codelite...
ColinTaylor wrote: Using the same project as in item 1, using Crafter to add a tool to the toolbar, its not obvious how to set the ID attribute to a sensible value. The choices seem to be (1) pick one of the entries in the dropdown, or (2) type in a numeric value, and both of these do work. However, neither of these is ideal,
The idea is to provide a hint for the existing predefined IDs of wxWidgets, for example you can use wxID_OPEN, under Linux, when using this ID, wx will set the standard text for you (Open..) and will also place the stock icon next to the menu entry
You can choose to enter a custom ID (number) or even a define / enum ( in this case, you will need to tell wxCrafter to add the appropriate include file by right clicking on the root of the wxcp tree view and select 'Project Settings')
ColinTaylor wrote: Normally Crafter allows you to connect events by right clicking in the GUI area, but not for Toolbar tools.
This is a limitation in the wxToolBar control - It does not allow wxCrafter to handle wxEVT_LEFT_DOWN... (IIRC, this is also true on several other controls)
ColinTaylor wrote:Cannot find any way to add a popup menu to the project
Its does not exist ;)
ColinTaylor wrote:When assigning a png file to a toolbar tool, Crafter doesn't display it. However, the preview does display it and so does the built app, so this isn't a big deal.
I can't seem to get this behavior here, I will investigate further

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

Post Reply