Custom controls

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
frank_frl
CodeLite Expert
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:45 pm
Contact:

Custom controls

Post by frank_frl » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi Eran,

I tried the new custom control feature and really like the way you implemented it, but I miss two things when defining one:
1. A macro to set the given ID like

Code: Select all

$name = new MyControl($parent, $id, wxDefaultPosition);
2. A way to enter custom events, so that they are available in the 'Connect events...' list.


Nice work done :D

Best regards

Frank

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5942
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: Custom controls

Post by eranif » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Indeed, I missed the $id one. - I will add it
frank_frl wrote:2. A way to enter custom events, so that they are available in the 'Connect events...' list.
This is actually a nice idea, I did not think of it - I will also implement this one

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

frank_frl
CodeLite Expert
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Custom controls

Post by frank_frl » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:16 pm

Some more

Issues:
Header from custom controls is added without '#include' and quotation marks.
Style wxLC_NO_SORT_HEADER missing for wxListCtrl.
Dialog preview starts in 'Fit content' style and jumps then to the entered size when one touches the gripper or border.


Missing features:
Align flag for 'Add List Column'.
Shortcut for 'Preview'.
Easy way to add subclassed elements, in DialogBlocks you can add a 'Foreign Window', then enter a base class, a class and the path to the header and source file to handle this.

Regards

Frank

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5942
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: Custom controls

Post by eranif » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:45 pm

frank_frl wrote:Header from custom controls is added without '#include' and quotation marks.
This is the intended behavior (look at the tooltip of the text control)
frank_frl wrote:Dialog preview starts in 'Fit content' style and jumps then to the entered size when one touches the gripper or border.
I am aware of this one... I could not make it go away, to me, its seems like an XRC bug (the C++ code that wxCrafter generates does not have this symptom)
frank_frl wrote:Style wxLC_NO_SORT_HEADER missing for wxListCtrl.
Was this style available in wx28? - not according to the docs.
The designer is meant to work with both 28 and 29. However, I am now working on moving codelite to 2.9.4 under Linux as well - so once its done, I will remove all the
wx28 limitations
frank_frl wrote:Shortcut for 'Preview'.
F5. Basically, when the wxCrafter plugin is 'active' i.e. the [wxCrafter] tab is selected, it will override the 'Start Debug' command. In a way, debugging in 'wxCrafter' means: Show Preview ;)
frank_frl wrote:Easy way to add subclassed elements
How is this different from 'custom controls' ?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

frank_frl
CodeLite Expert
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Custom controls

Post by frank_frl » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:44 pm

eranif wrote:
frank_frl wrote:Header from custom controls is added without '#include' and quotation marks.
This is the intended behavior (look at the tooltip of the text control)
Sorry, I missed that.
eranif wrote:
frank_frl wrote:Dialog preview starts in 'Fit content' style and jumps then to the entered size when one touches the gripper or border.
I am aware of this one... I could not make it go away, to me, its seems like an XRC bug (the C++ code that wxCrafter generates does not have this symptom)
One gets used to it.
eranif wrote:
frank_frl wrote:Style wxLC_NO_SORT_HEADER missing for wxListCtrl.
Was this style available in wx28? - not according to the docs.
The designer is meant to work with both 28 and 29. However, I am now working on moving codelite to 2.9.4 under Linux as well - so once its done, I will remove all the
wx28 limitations
I use this with 2.8.12 and it works. It's also available in wxFormBuilder and DialogBlocks.
eranif wrote:
frank_frl wrote:Shortcut for 'Preview'.
F5. Basically, when the wxCrafter plugin is 'active' i.e. the [wxCrafter] tab is selected, it will override the 'Start Debug' command. In a way, debugging in 'wxCrafter' means: Show Preview ;)
Thanks :)
eranif wrote:
frank_frl wrote:Easy way to add subclassed elements
How is this different from 'custom controls' ?
It's useful when you just want to add one subclassed element which is unique to your project and even to quickly generate custom controls if you add the feature to also generate the new subclass and add the files to the project. Just kind of luxury ;)

Best regards and have a nice weekend

Frank

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5942
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: Custom controls

Post by eranif » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:06 pm

frank_frl wrote:I use this with 2.8.12 and it works. It's also available in wxFormBuilder and DialogBlocks.
I could not find it here: http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/wx_wxl ... wxlistctrl
This is why it was not there in the first place

But like I said, once the transition to 294 is completed (including linux) - I will add it
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

Post Reply