[feedback] wxCrafter - General

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
mnealon
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

[feedback] wxCrafter - General

Post by mnealon »

Some initial comments, just what immediately comes to mind.

1) It would be nice if there was some way to see which version of wxCrafter we are beta testing. I assume that this is not the final release version, so it would help if we could see the version number so that we can tie bugs to fixes (I further assume that you will be issuing releases with bug fixes until you reach a "bug free" release version.

2) I would like the plugin to appear under the plugin menu, with any possible user changeable settings appearing there.

3) I would like to see that pressing "Build Active Project" (or associated menu) would result in effectively generating the new code from wxCrafter (automatically saving changes) and then building the project.

4) I would like the plugin to have a user settable save option (save after every change/ save after 1min/ save only when asked) - I have cats who like to sit on my laptop resulting in lost work when I go for coffee.

5) I have a particular way that I like my code to look, events are named a certain way (OnFileNewClick, OnFileNewUpdateUI etc.) It would be nice if the user could set a way of generating event routine names particular to their way of working. Using a label pathway instead of a member name pathway.

regards
Malcolm
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: [feedback] wxCrafter - General

Post by eranif »

mnealon wrote:It would be nice if there was some way to see which version of wxCrafter we are beta testing. I assume that this is not the final release version, so it would help if we could see the version number so that we can tie bugs to fixes (I further assume that you will be issuing releases with bug fixes until you reach a "bug free" release versio
Yes. the next release will be this week. I will post it on this forum with details on what was changed / fixed
mnealon wrote: I would like the plugin to appear under the plugin menu, with any possible user changeable settings appearing there.
Its is on my TODO list
mnealon wrote:I would like the plugin to have a user settable save option (save after every change/ save after 1min/ save only when asked)
This sounds like something useful in general (not only for wxCrafter)
mnealon wrote: I have a particular way that I like my code to look, events are named a certain way (OnFileNewClick, OnFileNewUpdateUI etc.) It would be nice if the user could set a way of generating event routine names particular to their way of working. Using a label pathway instead of a member name pathway.
This is true of wxMenu, but what about 'buttons' or 'listctrl' etc? I think that its hard to satisfy all the users.. this is why you can edit the functions by name
Maybe introducing some kind of pattern is preferable

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread