Align wxCrafter controls vertical

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
bgining2this
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Align wxCrafter controls vertical

Post by bgining2this » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:38 am

Hello just starting with Codelite and wxCrafter, but i cannot align wxCrafter controls vertically, so when the width of the form ends i am in trouble, i added a vertical wxBoxSizer but i still cant place the controls verticaly only in a line from left to right. Thank you in advance !!

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Align wxCrafter controls vertical

Post by DavidGH » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:08 am

Hi,

Quick answer: add another vertical wxBoxSizer to the top sizer; then add the controls to that.

If that fails, please attach here an archive of your Project, including the .wxcp file.

You might also like to have a look at this sizer tutorial.

Regards,

David

bgining2this
CodeLite Curious

Post by bgining2this » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:05 am

Hi David.-

I think that now i get it, i have also read the this sizer tutorial, it was helpfull. Thank you for everything

bgining2this
CodeLite Curious

Post by bgining2this » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:51 am

Hello David.-

Now my problem is horizontal, i have placed all the controls verticaly till the form height is over. My question is how do i place horizontal controls besides the controls i have already placed vertically. Thank you again

DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:04 pm

how do i place horizontal controls besides the controls i have already placed vertically
The best way to do what you ask is: use a different sort of sizer, a wx<something>GridSizer. See the wxSizer overview. Also build/run/examine the code of the wxWidgets 'layout' sample that comes with the wxWidgets source code.

In any case, these are really wxWidgets questions, not CodeLite/wxCrafter ones. If you are creating a project that uses wxWidgets, you need to get to know (at least) the basics of wxWidgets; wxCrafter can only help you create a project, it can't do everything for you ;) .