Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
jfouche
CodeLite Guru
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Add build configuration program option

Post by jfouche »

Hi Eran

I think it could cool to add a new program option to codelite to compile a project / workspace named configuration. Something like :

Code: Select all

./codelite --build MyWorkspace.workspace --configuration WinReleaseUnicode
I ask this because I would like to use continuous integration in my company with Hudson. Actually, I have to generate makefile first (with CodeLite). If I just change sources (without adding / removing files or changing project settings), everything should be fine. There are one problem with this : I have to put my makefiles under source control which doesn't seems to be a good idea as it duplicates the projects / workspace. The 2nd problem is that I need to go to the build computer first to compile by hand, which doesn't satisfy me.

Do you think it is possible to allow CodeLite to do this ? What could be great also is to build without showing the GUI...
Well, I think the first one is not so difficult, but I don't know about the 2nd one, because there is probably dependancies with the GUI. Maybe just generating the makefile could be a good first step.

What is your point of view ?
Jérémie
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Add build configuration program option

Post by eranif »

jfouche wrote:Do you think it is possible to allow CodeLite to do this ? What could be great also is to build without showing the GUI...
The problem is that codelite uses WX, which *requires* DISPLAY for GUI (even for just doing './codelite --help')

So you cant use it from ssh for example.

Btw, I think it is a great idea to have this ability.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread