makedi command not found

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
smartmobili
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: makedi command not found

Post by smartmobili »

Hi,

Actually I am still curious to know if codelite could work with cygwin toolchains ?
Eran on what platform are you developping/testing ?
I could send you the toolchain if you like. Personnaly I tried all I can, next step would be to debug codelite but I don't
want to do it.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

smartmobili wrote:Hi,

Actually I am still curious to know if codelite could work with cygwin toolchains ?
Eran on what platform are you developping/testing ?
I could send you the toolchain if you like. Personnaly I tried all I can, next step would be to debug codelite but I don't
want to do it.
My main development is done on window using MinGW-3.4.5 (I am using the exact toolchain that I am distributing with codelite).

If you can send me the toolchain + a sample project then I could try it out.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
smartmobili
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by smartmobili »

You will find my toolchain here : http://www.smartmobili.com/Downloads/toolchains.zip.
To use it please create a folder(you can call it gynoid for instance so we get the same configuration)
Ex C:gynoid and copy the zip file into it the unzip it.
You should have toolchains in C:\gynoid\toolchains\mingw32ce-4.1.0\bin and I have added cygwin dependencies (cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll)
so normally you have everything to compile.
Inside C:\gynoid\toolchains\mingw32ce-4.1.0\bin you will find a f.c file that you could use as test.
So now you could create a new compiler inside CodeLite and tells me if it works for you.

If you need more information do not hesitate to ask me.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

I downloaded and tested your toolchain, and this is how I did it:

- Downloaded the toolchain.zip file and extracted it under 'C:\gynoid'
- I set CYGWIN environment variable to 'nodosfilewarning' from 'settings -> environment variables'
- I set the PATH environment variable within codelite to:

Code: Select all

$(PATH);C:\gynoid\toolchains\mingw32ce-4.1.0\libexec\gcc\arm-mingw32ce\4.1.0;C:\gynoid\toolchains\mingw32ce-4.1.0\bin
- I added new compiler from 'settings -> build settings' and named it gynoin
- I modified all the entries in the toolchain from (e.g): gcc -> arm-mingw32ce-gcc.exe etc.

I created new project with the new compiler, added the f.c and this is the build output:
----------Build Started--------
"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "gynoid_test_wsp.mk"
----------Building project:[ gynoid_test - Debug ]----------
arm-mingw32ce-gcc.exe -c "C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c" -g -o ./Debug/main.o "-I." "-I."
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c:1:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c:2:20: error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c:3:20: error: string.h: No such file or directory
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c: In function 'doit':
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c:17: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'printf'
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c: In function 'main':
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c:26: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memset'
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c:39: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'printf'
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c:71: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c:17: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'printf'
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c:26: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memset'
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c:39: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'printf'
C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c:71: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [Debug/main.o] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 2
----------Build Ended----------
18 errors, 24 warnings
Ignoring the error, it seems like the toolchain is working (the correct gcc is invoked), but it cant find the header files (stdio.h etc.) - probably include paths (I would expect it to be included automatically, but...)

Eran
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Quick update:

- I added the path 'C:\gynoid\toolchains\mingw32ce-4.1.0\arm-mingw32ce\include' to the global paths of the new 'gynoid' compiler which I defined in codelite, and now it finds all the include files (see below the screenshots)

So now, I got this error:
----------Build Started--------
"mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "gynoid_test_wsp.mk"
----------Building project:[ gynoid_test - Debug ]----------
arm-mingw32ce-gcc.exe -c "C:/TestArea/gynoid_test/main.c" -g -o ./Debug/main.o "-IC:/gynoid/toolchains/mingw32ce-4.1.0/arm-mingw32ce/include" "-I." "-I."
Assembler messages:
Can't open /cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/eran/LOCALS~1/Temp/cc5Eu6oq.s for reading: No such file or directory
arm-mingw32ce-gcc.exe -o ./Debug/gynoid_test ./Debug/main.o "-L."
C:\MinGW-3.4.5\bin\ld.exe: crt3.o: No such file: No such file or directory
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [Debug/gynoid_test] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 2
----------Build Ended----------
0 errors, 0 warnings
Seems like the compiler thinks its running under Cygwin shell

Attached are screen shots of my gynoid compiler settings and:

Eran
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smartmobili
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by smartmobili »

Ok thanks a lot I am going to keep on finding how to make it work.
I will keep you informed
smartmobili
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by smartmobili »

Ok thanks a lot.
Now everything works fine.
I have recompiled toolchain with newer cygwin-1.7 and now I can compile the sample code.
I didn't had to declare global includes because compiler finds it by itself.
Could you please download zip file again and tell me if it works ?
Please note that this time I have included make.exe(C:/gynoid/toolchains/mingw32ce-4.1.0/bin) so please update your codelite project with this one.
By the way I always forgot to replace \ by / couldn't be possible for CodeLite to replace them when using a posix compiler?
I have also tested with windows cmd and it recognizes posix path very well so this change would make codelite working in all configurations (cygwin, mingw and VS).

Now how can export toolchain settings so that developpers didn't need to configure the compiler ?

And finalu question why did you choose wxWidgets because I think you would do more powerful things with QT, especially macos integration is far lot better.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

smartmobili wrote:Could you please download zip file again and tell me if it works ?
Sure, I will try this tomorrow again.
smartmobili wrote:Please note that this time I have included make.exe(C:/gynoid/toolchains/mingw32ce-4.1.0/bin) so please update your codelite project with this one.
Ok I will use your make
smartmobili wrote:By the way I always forgot to replace \ by / couldn't be possible for CodeLite to replace them when using a posix compiler?
I believe it already does that
smartmobili wrote: Now how can export toolchain settings so that developpers didn't need to configure the compiler ?
Your 'build settings' are kept in the file /path/to/codelite/installation/config/build_settings.xml, you can simply provide them as well.
smartmobili wrote: And finalu question why did you choose wxWidgets because I think you would do more powerful things with QT, especially macos integration is far lot better.
There are many reasons why I chose WX over Qt, i will name some:
1) I dont see any advantage in Qt over Wx (for the IDE task)
2) My knowledge of wxWidgets is very deep and I was active member of the wxWidgets community for years now
3) When I started codelite back at 2006, Qt did not have the LGPL license nor it provided any MinGW builds for Windows.
4) When I started codelite I had a enough experience in wxWidgets to start writing an IDE (unlike Qt which i had to learn from scratch), without the need to learn the GUI framework for the task
5) wxWidgets based application are *faster* on Windows / Mac (this might have change by now, but I doubt it)

Eran