Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
metamorphosis
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Please remove the "flat look" gui design elements

Post by metamorphosis »

The flat look movement trend in this editor is annoying me,
I'm a programmer, not a graphic designer, so I don't care about visual noise, when it leads to useful hinting.
Please restore the guidelines which indicate where the breakpoint margin of the editor pane is, so I don't have to guess.
And make the buttons look like buttons. At the moment the ln/col info in the status bar looks EXACTLY the same as the 'TABS' 'C++' etc buttons in the status bar, despite the fact that the latter are buttons and the former is not. No hidden information.

Flat look GUI design in general is garbage. Please don't make the same mistake that the rest of the industry is making,
Thanks,
Matt
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Please remove the "flat look" gui design elements

Post by eranif »

And make the buttons look like buttons. At the moment the ln/col info in the status bar looks EXACTLY the same as the 'TABS' 'C++' etc buttons in the status bar, despite the fact that the latter are buttons and the former is not. No hidden
This is how the native status bar works... these are not buttons, these are "fields" which are clickable. It's not a trend... adding a button to the status bar is not "native"

The margin was removed not because of a trend... it was removed because that in other languages which are not C++ there was no way of colouring it in a colour that blends well without hurting the eyes.
For example, if you used PHP in dark theme that margin was coloured in WHITE... this really hurt my eyes... (I am using dark colours for a good reason)
I can probably make an exception for C++ to restore that margin for C++ and hide it for other languages

EDIT:
I restored it for C++ only