QT4-based app development

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
rklang
CodeLite Curious

QT4-based app development

Post by rklang »

Hi,

I'm developing a heavy QT4 application using CodeLite. I've tried CodeBlock, DevC++, etc... but I decide to use CodeLite as my IDE because it helps me alot saving times and energy to type the keyboard with it's TAGS facility. I've scanned the QT4 source code folder and generate huge TAGS file appended to the "common.tags" and it takes few minutes to load.

My problem are:

1. I have to manually create ".pro" file to feed QMAKE tools because some classes need to be "moc"-ed first.
2. Setting Custom build is very demanding tasks

Suggestions:

1. In the export makefile function, add option of makefile type so the user can choose: Linux/UNIX makefiles, QMake file (.pro), CMake file, etc.
2. Provide the comprehensive Manual/HELP documents

Bravo CodeLite!
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: QT4-based app development

Post by eranif »

Hi,
rklang wrote:1. I have to manually create ".pro" file to feed QMAKE tools because some classes need to be "moc"-ed first.
Since QT as released its library under LGPL license, I suspect that many new developers will follow the QT path, this for me is enough to start developing an easy to use QT plugin (not to mention the fact that the company that I am working for is using QT heavily as well...) - so you can expect a QT plugin in the near future.
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: QT4-based app development

Post by eranif »

Hi,
rklang wrote:1. I have to manually create ".pro" file to feed QMAKE tools because some classes need to be "moc"-ed first.
Since QT as released its library under LGPL license, I suspect that many new developers will follow the QT path, this for me is enough to start developing an easy to use QT plugin (not to mention the fact that the company that I am working for is using QT heavily as well...) - so you can expect a QT plugin in the near future.
rklang wrote:2. Setting Custom build is very demanding tasks
For me, I am just creating 'custom makefile' project, and then I simply add new targets:

Code: Select all

qmake
qmake MODULE_BUILD=DEBUG
nothing else, since codelite does not know how to handle the .pro / .pri files by itself
rklang wrote:1. In the export makefile function, add option of makefile type so the user can choose: Linux/UNIX makefiles, QMake file (.pro), CMake file, etc.
There is only single makefile generator right now: the GNU Makefile, for supporting export to another format (QMake) requires developing it - so see my first comment, a new QT plugin will be developed

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread