The right wx build in order to build CodeLite on MAC

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
Roey
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: The right wx build in order to build CodeLite on MAC

Post by Roey »

Eran \ sdolim,
eranif wrote:1. add '/usr/local/bin' to your PATH variable or
This is a bit of a weird one: If I open terminal, I can call wx-config for every directory I wish, including usr/bin (which to my understanding means it's in the PATH); yet CodeLite doesn't seem to find it.
eranif wrote:2. modify the project settings (linker & compiler) the line $(shell wx-config ...) to $(shell /usr/loca/bin/wx-config ...) or
That does the trick to my own applications, but still can't compile CodeLite as both the Compiler and Linker Tabs under the Project Settings for Unix_Mac_Custom_Makefile are greyed (can't edit them) - I can the General tab, which is a bit odd.
eranif wrote:3. rename the old /bin/wx-config OR /usr/bin/wx-config to .orig and make a soft link:
This allowed me to compile CodeLite.
sdolim wrote:./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-unicode --disable-debug
Haven't tried that one, but I believe it will work (providing I add su before it - my development user doesn't seem to have write permissions to /usr)

Admittedly, I'm still a bit baffled by this issues and still have a few questions unanswered. But I'll post them on wxForum.

Thanks,
Roey
sdolim
CodeLite Veteran

Post by sdolim »

The Compiler and Linker tabs are greyed for Unix_Mac_Custom_Makefile because that configuration uses the Custom Build tab instead. The Makefile for that configuration is generated by the configure script.

Scott
sdolim
CodeLite Veteran

Post by sdolim »

What do you get from the command "which -a wx-config"?