Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
jfouche
CodeLite Guru
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: compiler options

Post by jfouche »

Hi

Here is a patch which contain your remarks (I hope so).
I provide you also a patch for WindowAttrManager which can show windows outside screen (for me, for example, who have sometime 1 screen, and sometime a 2nd one connected to my laptop).
I will provide the build settings xml file later, when I'll have time to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jérémie
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Ok, I downloaded it , However I will wait for the commit for once I get the XML file

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
jfouche
CodeLite Guru

Post by jfouche »

Hi Eran

After some vacations, I'm continuing this request, but I have some questions.
- What are the build_settings.xml.default, build_settings.xml.default.mac and build_settings.xml.default.win standing for ? Do I have to provide those 3 files ? I don't know the differences between those platform.
- I only have MSW and mingw-gcc 3.4.5, so I had a look to gcc options, and fill options written on this page (it will take a long time to fill the whole build_settings.xml). I think I will not provide all options, but just some of them (usefull ones for my point of view). Is it OK ?
- I will not provide this file(s) for MS VC++ compiler, since I don't know it at all...
Jérémie
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

jfouche wrote:After some vacations,
Hope you had a good time :)

These files (.default.mac/default.gtk and with .default) are renamed during installation to be build_settings.xml.default (see lite_editor.iss/make_mac_bundle.sh and make_deb.sh if you are interested ;))

When codelite loads, it first searches for build_settings.xml, if it is not found, it will search build_settings.xml.default.
codelite never writes to the .default file. If writing is needed, codelite write into 'build_settings.xml'

This way the installer can safely overwrite build_settings.xml.default without overwriting user changes.

the .default.mac / .default.gtk are the same as .default they simply contain minor modifications for the platforms (for example, on Win/Linux -shared flag is used for making shared library, however for mac you need -dynamiclib)

Eran
jfouche
CodeLite Guru

Post by jfouche »

Here is the patch for build_settings.xml
Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jérémie
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Hi,

FYI: this patch is committed to SVN

Eran